Fantasy Football 2018

• Lynn Pettis - Monday, October 29, 2018 10:20 PM

Well, Monday night is done and I managed another victory.

Yes it was close for a while, but looks like I picked the wrong player in one position. I've not got it open at the moment, but think my TE didn't show up and the benched player played out of their skin! So it could have been closer.

Rodders...

• Make sure to get your lineups updated, Thursday night matchup between the Niners and Raiders.

Notable matchups:
    SQL Bolts (7-1) vs Dothraki Dragons (5-3) - The Bolts will look to continue their dominance, riding the improbable combination of high producing WRs from the same team and a second year quarterback.  The Dragons need a win to remain within striking distance of first place in the Simple division, relying on the Green Bay hookup of QB and WR and a healthy Shady McCoy.  

Ditka (7-1) vs Prestige Worldwide (4-4) - PW is hoping to remain relevant in the playoff hunt, but must do so against the consistently producing Ditka.  Some lineup updates are in order; at least there's no question about his QB.  Ditka will continue feeding Peterson his youth elixir and root for his AFC North players.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Prestige Worldwide needs to bench their benched quarterback and they have a WR on a bye this week.

• Who's going to the Summit?  Be fun to hook up for lunch, or at least a handshake.

• Sadly can't make Summit this year. Taking a fallow year - rotating my crops, so to speak! 😀
    Hopefully a few of you can manage to catch up in person next week.

Cheers,

Rodders...

• Just emailed you all from Yahoo, posting here for additional visibility:

Hey league, a heads up, our trade deadline is Nov. 10th. Waiver wire isn't affected but you won't be able to make trades with other teams.

"The trade deadline for all Public and Pro Leagues is 11:59pm PT on November 10th. In order to be processed, all trades need to be proposed and accepted by this date and time. In Private Leagues, the trade deadline can vary so be sure to check out your league settings and contact your commissioner if you have any questions."

• SQLDCH - Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:25 PM

Who's going to the Summit?  Be fun to hook up for lunch, or at least a handshake.

Maybe one of these years, I'll make it to a Summit.  The only way I see it happening, though, is if I'm accepted as a speaker...  that, or someone drops $3000 in my lap and tells me, "go to Summit!"

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• SQLDCH - Friday, November 2, 2018 1:01 PM

Just emailed you all from Yahoo, posting here for additional visibility:

Hey league, a heads up, our trade deadline is Nov. 10th. Waiver wire isn't affected but you won't be able to make trades with other teams.

"The trade deadline for all Public and Pro Leagues is 11:59pm PT on November 10th. In order to be processed, all trades need to be proposed and accepted by this date and time. In Private Leagues, the trade deadline can vary so be sure to check out your league settings and contact your commissioner if you have any questions."

Has anyone in this league ever traded someone with another team?

• Lynn Pettis - Friday, November 2, 2018 1:47 PM

SQLDCH - Friday, November 2, 2018 1:01 PM

I've made a couple of trades before.  Not this year, though.  (Not yet, anyway!)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Lynn Pettis - Friday, November 2, 2018 1:47 PM

SQLDCH - Friday, November 2, 2018 1:01 PM

I tried, but it never was accepted. 
    Other news, I don't have to worry about leaving points on my bench this week as they are all on Byes. 🙂

• Okay, from what I can see there is NO CHANGE in the 1st through 5th place positions this week.  It also looks like we won't have anyone clinching playoff positions this week either. Since anything can happen during the next 4 games those with a 4-5 record going into next week still have an outside chance of getting into the playoffs.

• Monday Night Football is done.  Doing some figuring in my head it looks like 1st through 5th place and 9th through 12th place remain the same.  The only changes to the standings this week look to in 6th through 8th place.  If I calculated correctly the British Bulldogs will move to 6th, Prestige Worldwide will drop to 7th, and the Orange Engineers will drop to 8th.  Again, this is just guess work, I did the calcs in my head and hopefully did it right.

Things are still tight in the top 4 positions and thig can go in any direction at this time.

• Lynn Pettis - Monday, November 5, 2018 9:25 PM

Monday Night Football is done.  Doing some figuring in my head it looks like 1st through 5th place and 9th through 12th place remain the same.  The only changes to the standings this week look to in 6th through 8th place.  If I calculated correctly the British Bulldogs will move to 6th, Prestige Worldwide will drop to 7th, and the Orange Engineers will drop to 8th.  Again, this is just guess work, I did the calcs in my head and hopefully did it right.

Things are still tight in the top 4 positions and thig can go in any direction at this time.

Looks like you guessed correctly, at least for me.  At least I'm still within striking distance.

Still... despite a good chunk of my roster on byes, I still had a good weekend.  And I STILL lost!!!  @#$%^&*!!!

• Ray K - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:17 AM

Lynn Pettis - Monday, November 5, 2018 9:25 PM

Monday Night Football is done.  Doing some figuring in my head it looks like 1st through 5th place and 9th through 12th place remain the same.  The only changes to the standings this week look to in 6th through 8th place.  If I calculated correctly the British Bulldogs will move to 6th, Prestige Worldwide will drop to 7th, and the Orange Engineers will drop to 8th.  Again, this is just guess work, I did the calcs in my head and hopefully did it right.

Looks like you guessed correctly, at least for me.  At least I'm still within striking distance.

Still... despite a good chunk of my roster on byes, I still had a good weekend.  And I STILL lost!!!  @#$%^&*!!!

You had the fourth highest score overall and the highest losing score.  Steve just did better this week.   Any given Sunday...

• Lynn Pettis - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:48 AM

Ray K - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:17 AM

Lynn Pettis - Monday, November 5, 2018 9:25 PM

You had the fourth highest score overall and the highest losing score.  Steve just did better this week.   Any given Sunday...

Not the first time it's happened this season, either.  There were at least two (maybe more?) other times where my score was in the top four, and I still lost!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply