General Qestions

• Hi friends,

could u please any one tell me the these questions

1) what is your company file architecture and how much data u r handle.

2) how many data and log files u r handle in u r company

3)what is the difference between installtion of 2005 and 2008

4)i have done installtion of sqlserver in c:\ drive but i want d:\ drive how to do this.

Pls friends send me answers i have faced this questions in interview time.

• k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

Hi friends,

4)i have done installtion of sqlserver in c:\ drive but i want d:\ drive how to do this.

How on earth did you ever get an interview? What did you put on your CV?

:exclamation: "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience." :exclamation:

• Robin Sasson (5/21/2012)

k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

Hi friends,

How on earth did you ever get an interview? What did you put on your CV?

+1 on that Robin

Well to answer your questions

1 - Depends

2 - Depends

3 - Lots

4 - Easy

• Well, the answer of question 3 is simple:

the first one installs SQL Server 2005, the second one installs SQL Server 2008.

Regarding the other questions:

they are asked to determine what DBA experience you have. Not someone else.

How are some random strangers on the internet supposed to answer that for you?

If you didn't know the answers to those questions (especiall 1 and 2), it means you are not a suitable candidate for the job.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Hi friends,

Do you want to impress? Here are my answers:

1.) My company uses Y-Centaurus-2036 (Muhlifain) file system on our newest Windows 2035 XPNTAstiv-pro MS-Apple servers. We handle upto 200 yottabytes of data per hour.

2.) We handle numerous data and log files, it's hard to say how much exactly, as the number increases every second, so if I tell you one, it would be wrong as it would already change while I complete the sentence

3.) That is easy one: The difference between 2005 and 2008 is -3!

4.) Go to the server room, find the drive marked as "C", take the new self-glue label and put letter "D" on it using permanent black marker. Now you can simply place it on top of the old one...

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• Just had a look at k.subramanyam1017 's profile; it's full of interview questions.

Advice to: k.subramanyam1017: Buy some books and work your way through the examples; it will take you some considerable time/effort and you will have problems - that's where we can help.

Do not try and bluff your SQL Experience on your CV or Interview. You will get spotted. Do it enough times and you will get a reputation.

:exclamation: "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience." :exclamation:

• Hi Friend

3)The third question answer you given 3! what is that i dont know that pls explain me difference of installation of sql2005 and 2008.

Hi Friend

3)The third question answer you given 3! what is that i dont know that pls explain me difference of installation of sql2005 and 2008.

2005 - 2008 = -3

Hi Friend

Are you serious?

I'd ask you to stop wasting ours and your time but this thread has made me LOL for real! quite painful with a throat infection.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Hi friend,

Thanks for u r experience given answers but one thing what is the third question answer that is -3!(like year gap)pls tell me exact answer if you know.

In your experience how many data files and log files you have handled and also how many servers you have handled.

Thank you.

Hi friend,

Thanks for u r experience given answers but one thing what is the third question answer that is -3!(like year gap)pls tell me exact answer if you know.

In your experience how many data files and log files you have handled and also how many servers you have handled.

Thank you.

Please go and do your own research this might help you http://bit.ly/J8seh6, this is basic information and varies on environment, we CANNOT and WILL NOT[/i][/u] give you answers these, as like all situations it comes down to IT DEPENDS

• +1 Anthony.Green

Hi friend,

Thank you.

k.subramanyam1017,

The main differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2008 are that 2008 is coded with an LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reaction wizard makes it 3 time more effective then 2005, hence the 3!

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Schadenfreude-Mei (5/21/2012)

k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

Hi friend,

Thank you.

k.subramanyam1017,

The main differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2008 are that 2008 is coded with an LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reation wizard makes it 3 time more effective then 2005, hence the 3!

Also dont forgot the inclusion of DBCC Timewarp

Hi friend,

Thank you.

Are you serious?

Ok,

There are three major differences between installation of SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 (in addition to -3) which comes to my mind:

1. The colours on installation DVD sleeve: 2005 has orange, 2008 just grey with a bit of red)

2. Combination of the digits used in title: 2005 vs 2008

3. For some reason they had different DVD product key...

I do wonder how my experience may help you get over the interview, but I will try my best:

1. I have handled 12 data files and 18 log files (together with 7 flies) with one blow!

2. Once, when I was much younger than now, I helped to handle 7.5 ton lorry of servers (around 50). I still remember that it was hard work to unload them and get them up on 3-rd level - all manually, without any lift or DBA's help. They were quite heavy as they were of old version....

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply