General Qestions

• anthony.green (5/21/2012)

Schadenfreude-Mei (5/21/2012)

k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

Hi friend,

Thanks for u r experience given answers but one thing what is the third question answer that is -3!(like year gap)pls tell me exact answer if you know.

In your experience how many data files and log files you have handled and also how many servers you have handled.

Thank you.

k.subramanyam1017,

The main differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2008 are that 2008 is coded with an LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reation wizard makes it 3 time more effective then 2005, hence the 3!

Also dont forgot the inclusion of DBCC Timewarp

Anthony,

Dont forget that since the multi-market monopoly of apple its called DBCC iTimemachine.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Schadenfreude-Mei (5/21/2012)

anthony.green (5/21/2012)

Hi friend,

Thanks for u r experience given answers but one thing what is the third question answer that is -3!(like year gap)pls tell me exact answer if you know.

In your experience how many data files and log files you have handled and also how many servers you have handled.

Thank you.

k.subramanyam1017,

The main differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2008 are that 2008 is coded with an LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reation wizard makes it 3 time more effective then 2005, hence the 3!

Also dont forgot the inclusion of DBCC Timewarp

Anthony,

Dont forget that since the multi-market monopoly of apple its called DBCC iTimemachine.

Or should it be DBCC iCantBelieveYouAskedThatQuestion, think its time to execute a fellow forumers procedure p_ShowMeWhenICanGoHome '16:00','00:01', been a long day reading Tom Carpenters book for the 70-450 exam

• k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

Hi friends,

could u please any one tell me the these questions

1) what is your company file architecture and how much data u r handle.

2) how many data and log files u r handle in u r company

3)what is the difference between installtion of 2005 and 2008

4)i have done installtion of sqlserver in c:\ drive but i want d:\ drive how to do this.

Pls friends send me answers i have faced this questions in interview time.

1) It's kind of oblongy, with flashy lights. Can handle lots of data

2) Precisely 1.6 and 0 respectively

3) 2006 and 2007

4) Copy and paste

Hope this helps!

• think we scared him off?

think we scared him off?

...LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reation...

The above could scare even sql orcs ...

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

Hi friend,

Thank you.

k.subramanyam1017,

The main differences between SQL Server 2005 and 2008 are that 2008 is coded with an LCARS 820-gigaquad interface, capable of handling over 1024[8] petanibbles of transactional guano every ms. The multi-dimensional quantum-shift matrix coupled with the m/am induction reaction wizard makes it 3 time more effective then 2005, hence the 3!

LCARS - have you been watching star trek?

MVDBA

• Eugene Elutin (5/21/2012)

... We handle upto 200 yottabytes of data per hour....

had to look that one up! Thanks Eugene!

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• LCARS - have you been watching star trek?

Yes infact 820-Gigaquads is the p/s access speed of the main computer core in 1701-D. LCARS (Library Computer Access/Retrieval System) is the command and interface language.

LCARS

• You guys are all kinds of super nerds.

Yes infact 820-Gigaquads is the p/s access speed of the main computer core in 1701-D. LCARS (Library Computer Access/Retrieval System) is the command and interface language.

LCARS

Apologies all, I was wrong

LCARS

amateur hour

• True. I must confess. Though some details on the link are inaccurate as 9.6 is not maximum speed as Wesley prooved!

LCARS

Too late! I have quoted this already on my interview...

Was offered job on spot with asking rate doubled! They also allowed me to work from home, as they afraid that colleagues will be over-jealous and feel to pity for their luck of knowledge...

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• Hi friend,

Thankyou for gave valuable information but i have one doubt as u r information you handled 12 datafiles and 18 log files in the sense 12 databases are there means(12database=12 datafiles(mdf files) and 12 log files) but you have given 18 log files what about remaining 6 log files (6 data files).

I think each and every single database contain 1 datafile(mdf file) and 1 log file. is it correct or not pls give me answer.

1)how to find out the long exection time queries pls tell me procedure.

Thank u for u r cooperation Thanks a lot............:-)

• k.subramanyam1017 (5/21/2012)

I think each and every single database contain 1 datafile(mdf file) and 1 log file. is it correct or not pls give me answer.

1)how to find out the long exection time queries pls tell me procedure.

That's incorrect. A database can have multiple data files (mdf and ndf) and - if you really must - multiple log files.

Investigating Multiple Transaction Log Files in SQL Server[/url]

Using Multiple Files[/url]

Regarding the long running query: copy it, paste it in SSMS and hit F5. If it runs for a long time, then you have a long execution time.

Seriously now, would it kill you to do some research?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply