Giving pain to DBA

• Phill - I'm putting all my money on Remi (sorry!) - though not given to any blustering (none that I've detected so far anyway) he is a very fast typist and has no Life besides scc.com (well - okay - he has 2 other lives but they don't interfere with his 24/7 watch on scc...)...

He also has vacation time coming up so we all know what that means...at least 50% more posts than normal...

ps:forewarned is forearmed (Colt 45 or not)...so let the race begin...and may the best man win!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Come on I've got 14 days ... I reckon a concerted effort to flood the forums with 200 messages per day should see me well on the way to surpassing you and catching up to Frank, who seems to have gone missing lately

Of course I could wear out a keyboard or two in that time and might need a further two weeks off for rehabilitation

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Maybe but 3 weeks from now I'll be at 4.5k. Still ahead even if you manage to post 200 msg a day, which would also certainly be a record for a single day.

• BTW I forgot to mention that on the weekends there are only 5-15 new posts... Nothing to feed you to give 200 replies/day.

• I'm jumping in late too.

But, at least the thread was titled appropriately.     And it looks like the pain has been shared. 

"So what is the exact syntax you used for the shrink command?"

Phil, you are now my new hero.    Best laugh I had all day.

But seriously though, can someone tell me the purpose of dumping the log every two minutes?  If the data is that sensitive, wouldn't you be doing full backups more frequently than once per week?  Something remains strange to me about this whole thing. 

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• Only something??????????????????????

I think you need to reread this thread .

• Well....I'm an aspiring writer and was just taking a stab at the 'minimalistic style'. 

• Aspiring writers should NEVER adopt this style - go for the "voluminous" approach sswords..otherwise you'll end up with a 10 page novella instead of a classic or epic!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

•   Maybe I'll just settle for a diatribe. 

• I wonder what Antares' record is for 1 day. When he's not knee-deep in projects he's a prolific poster. Of course, he doesn't post just to increase his post account, lest our friend who claims Phil and Remi are doing that tries to say that he does. I don't think I have ever read one of Antares' posts that wasn't on target and added or clarified the previous posts for a given thread.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I'd be curious to know, Brian.  Brilliant guy and he's helped me out more than once.

BTW - I just noticed that this thread started in the QOD forum. 

• Yeah, it did start out in the QoD forum. But anyone can accidentally post in the wrong column so we've not said anything about it.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Maybe you should ask Steve to generate a top 100 lists of the most prolific posts day/user. That would clear it up .

• Ha,

select 1 'rank', 'Steve', max(bigint)

union

select 2 'rank', user, count(posts)

from forum

group by posts

How's that?

• I don't care about the query, I care about the results .

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply