I Need Full Info of MCTS(70-431) exam,Please give me Tutorial and Hints.

• Just watch out for the simulations. They catch a lot of people.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (10/30/2007)

Just watch out for the simulations. They catch a lot of people.

Heh. That's why I haven't taken the exam yet. I've got lots of experience with 2K5 but I don't use the GUI very much.

I will be taking it soon, though. I've set it up as a personal goal.

• I used the self paced training kit from Microsoft and trancender. I am selling this training kit on ebay for only £4.99 if you're interested?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290182485412&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

• I assume the £4.99 doesn't include Transcender? I can't access eBay at work so can't see 🙂

• Hi friends,

I just passed the 70-431. And let me tell you, it wasn't too hard. But i don't study like i wanted. Very good materials help me to passed this exam...

Now i will try the 70-441 and 70-442 to be MCITP database developer.

See you and good luck!!!

Christian Manuel Amado Silva | cmas607@student-partners.com |

• Necrox (12/5/2007)

Now i will try the 70-441 and 70-442 to be MCITP database developer.

I found those quite a bit harder than 431. They're in a case study format and some of the questions seem designed to trip people up. Know your stuff.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• hay every one.

i have been preparing for the test 70-431 and i have been reading about it on the net but i need to know if i need to write code or not, cos as u know no one had memorized the syntax and every one is using the help, but in the test there r no help so,, i have to be prepared.

by the way if this question is not legal please do not answer it.

thanks..

..>>..

MobashA

• It's a multiple choice and simulation exam. You won't have to write code. You may need to select the correct version of the command from a list, so you should still know the syntax.

Regarding 'everyone using help'. Just because 'everyone' does it doesn't mean you should also. What if you have to admin a box from a command line interface on a machine that doesn't have help or an internet connection?

Gail Shaw

• in time u will get all the syntax u need, but u cant memorize them all, i know T-SQL and PL\SQL and some times a title confusion could happen like create proc ........... as and create proc ....... is

..>>..

MobashA

• You should at least know the syntax to the basic commands and some of the newer stuff. There are multiple choice questions which ask you about syntax and what options are available with different parts of SQL Server and you'll fail those questions if you don't know your code somewhat.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• if thats so, then its about time.

thanks man

..>>..

MobashA

• hi

i toke the exam last night and passed with 806.

it is n ot perfect, but good as for now.

and am preparing for 70-441 hope things go fine.

thanks

..>>..

MobashA

• Congrats

441 is a nasty exam. I struggled through it. Make sure you know the work very, very well.

Gail Shaw

• dose it contain any simulations, or what?

..>>..

MobashA

• No sims. Case studies.

Long business case then set of questions based on that business case.

Gail Shaw

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply