One Million Posts

• Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge, insight, humor, and support.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (10/7/2010)

Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge, insight, humor, and support.

When you say humor, are you including me? πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I definitely appreciate this site, its adminstrators, and the many contributors -- all of who together make this site what it is.

Thanks!

• Alvin Ramard (10/7/2010)

The Dixie Flatline (10/7/2010)

Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge, insight, humor, and support.

When you say humor, are you including me? πŸ˜€

Alvin, I couldn't exclude you if I tried.

... and I have tried

... BOY how I have tried.

j/k πŸ˜‰

Congratulations on rolling the odometer.

If you get invaded by hoards of hungry BBQ seekers, give me a call. I'll drive up and go halves with you on the tab.

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Congrats Steve, Brian and Andy!! THis site is an awesome resource... i never took SQL seriously until i had a requirement which i posted in SSC and got help from MVP.. i say "MVP" here, guys.. awesome.. getting direct help from MVP, seamlessly integrated community, well-connected netwrok, fantastic people, friendly approaches from the top guns of SQL.etc etc., can't get better than this.. thanks everyone for making me ( & others) learn new things evry single day.. thanks and congrats... proud to be part of SSC...:-)

• This is such a great forum. I'd agree with all the above comments and it's great to be able to call upon others experiences and equally use your own to help others.

It's just an awesome community to be a part of πŸ˜€

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Greetings and congratulations from Norway!!

• Let me also congratulate this site for hitting this milestone. πŸ™‚ So Alvin, what did you get for hitting the milestone? Are you going to get the Alvin and the chipmunks Part 1 and 2 DVD? πŸ˜‰ or the movie "Are we there yet"? πŸ˜‰

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (10/8/2010)

Let me also congratulate this site for hitting this milestone. πŸ™‚ So Alvin, what did you get for hitting the milestone? Are you going to get the Alvin and the chipmunks Part 1 and 2 DVD? πŸ˜‰ or the movie "Are we there yet"? πŸ˜‰

All 3. πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Congratulations SSC !

Thank you for providing _the_ reference platform for SQLserver and the means to learn on a daily basis !

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution πŸ˜€

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• WOOT! Nice job on the 1 Million post!

I've learned a lot here. Even after migrating to more of an architecture role, a week doesn't go by without me using some trick I learned on here. The breadth and depth of knowledge on here is astounding, and the helping attitude on here is to date unmatched anywhere else. I rarely get a chance to do anything other than lurk these days, but this is still one of the few sites I make a point to keep up with daily.

Thank you Steve, Andy and Brian - your "baby" has grown into something others can only hope to emulate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• TheSQLGuru (10/7/2010)

CONGRATS!! Awesome milestone.

You say 3 can't answer everything, which is obviously true. But you still have a top-weighted dedicated few who provide LOT of the help here. I wonder if the top 10 posters aren't 10 or more percent of the total posts. Pretty amazing too!

Love the site, and I bet it doesn't take 9 years to get to the second million! πŸ™‚

Yes we have over 11-12% of all the posts.

Considering that the OPs must combine for around 50% of all posts, that means that the top 10 has Β±25% of what's left!

• GilaMonster (10/7/2010)

TheSQLGuru (10/7/2010)

I wonder if the top 10 posters aren't 10 or more percent of the total posts.

If you do the maths, it works out that the top 3 posters (Steve, Jeff, myself) account for a total of 66290 posts. That's 6.6% of all posts. The top 5 posters combined account for 8.9% of all posts.

Scary.

Imagine if I hadn't stopped (or slowed way down). I was ahead of Steve at 10K posts. That would add another 1.5 - 2.5 % for the top 5 if I had kept my pace over the last 2 years. :w00t:

• Whatever the percentages, all you guys (and gals) are awesome.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (10/10/2010)

GilaMonster (10/7/2010)

TheSQLGuru (10/7/2010)

I wonder if the top 10 posters aren't 10 or more percent of the total posts.

If you do the maths, it works out that the top 3 posters (Steve, Jeff, myself) account for a total of 66290 posts. That's 6.6% of all posts. The top 5 posters combined account for 8.9% of all posts.

Scary.

Imagine if I hadn't stopped (or slowed way down). I was ahead of Steve at 10K posts. That would add another 1.5 - 2.5 % for the top 5 if I had kept my pace over the last 2 years. :w00t:

So... why did you slow down?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply