Poll #3

• I have to vote for "Collosus - The Forbin Project" where a computer designed to managed the nuclear arsenal of the US becomes self-aware and takes over!

• The Collosus movie is a great one too, but The Matrix is my choice along with 2001, Space Odyssey (Ok not a complete computer geek movie but you can forget HAL)

• Sudden epiphany.

What kind of person follows a thread about computer geek movies?

AHHHHH! I'm still a geek

Bob
    SuccessWare Software

• Just as an fyi...epiphanies are always "sudden"....sorry - today is my "conservationist" day - no room for redundancies...

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• sorry, but I have to...

By Jack Handy:

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose."

• go get em shushy

• How about Short Circuit?  Not on my Favorites list, but it certainly has computers and geeks.  And a babe (well, almost a babe).

• Depends on the time frame:

1980s - Tron

Early 90s - The Net

Late 90s - The Matrix

2000 to present - I Robot (I haven't seen HHG, else I'd likely be giving that one the nod)

• I was accounting for the time dialation effects of near light speed travel.

Bob
    SuccessWare Software

• "What are you doing Dave?"

Has everyone forgotten about Hal? "2001: A Space Odyssey" has to be my all time favorite computer techno movie.

"Tron" taught me the vernacular and "War Games" showed me how to use it.

• The Matrix is definately on the favorites list however, for a time, Lawnmower Man was my all time favorite. The VR scenes were fantastic.

:smooooth:

• Blah to Hackers? Come'on! "Listen, I'm in BIG TROUBLE! Know anything about computers?" And it had Angelina Jollie! Don't forget Mathew Lillard's handle - Cereal Killer. It's a classic.

But in the end, Tron is my vote. How many dreams have I had about being a packet trying to convince the firewall I was requested and therefore have a pass to get in. Too many to admit. DAMN THOSE TWINKIES RIGHT BEFORE BED!

• Anyone who's really, really nostalgic about Forbidden Planet can buy their own life size Robbie the Robot from Hammacher Schlemmer for Christmas.  Only $49,999.95.  (Not a joke).  Sadly it seems to lack the ability to synthesize whiskey and star sapphires.

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/10921.asp

If you do, can I come over and play with it?

• Actually my favorite movies (namely George Romero's quadrilogy of zombie movies and some others in the same genre) have very little to do with computers but my favorite computer geek flicks, in no particular order, are The Matrix, Colosus - The Forbin Project, Office Space, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (I prefer the BBC mini-series to the movie), Wargames, and the first Star Trek movie (anyone remember V-Ger?).

Scott

• The Matrix. I first watched the Matrix on a flight from London to Atlanta, and at the end of it I was left with a distinct feeling of 'what if it were true...', what if life was an illusion and everything you sense and experience is generated for your benefit by some omnipresent being or system, a bit like the Trueman show. The road to paranoia lies that way, you start watching for flaws, co-incidences that couldn't possibly actually happen, then you start trying to catch "them" out...cos they are out to get ..unghh

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply