Random Recipes

• I've tried to resist learning how to cook many desserts, but I had to try this one! It's actually Emeril's recipe for Lemon Icebox pie. (No garlic, but still good.) Having a good zester is a key here, the rest is easy - no real cooking either (or at any rate no stove, oven, or mini-blow-torch is involved :-D).

Ingredients

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature

1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoons lemon zest

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 prepared graham cracker crust

Directions

Combine the cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• mtillman-921105 (2/4/2011)

Mmmm, I see lots of garlic in a most of these recipes! 'Gotta be good! Garlic's fantasitc.

And he's only 30 😀

• Tonight's menu

10 START

20 Open can of John Smiths

30 Drink

40 GOTO 20

... Crash ...

• Tom Brown (2/4/2011)

Tonight's menu

10 START

20 Open can of John Smiths

30 Drink

40 GOTO 20

... Crash ...

Must be Friday!

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Open message to Steve Jones:

How about publishing a SQL Server Central Cookbook ????

-SQLBill

• Dump Cake -

Frozen fruit (any kind)

1 box yellow cake mix (I haven't experimented with other flavors yet)

1 Sprite Zero

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Layer pan with frozen fruit. "Dump" dry cake mix across top of fruit, spreading out so it's somewhat even.

Slowly pour Sprite across top of cake. Let fizz die down and pour more. You should use about 12 -16 oz. of soda. Make sure entire surface of cake mix has gotten damp, but don't flood the cake mix.

Cook covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 25 minutes. Depending on altitude and oven temps, this may be longer.

This is actually pretty scrumptious.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Sweet Oat Bannocks

This is a highland Scottish recipe, one of those than tends to amaze lowlanders who think that the only things you can make with oats are porridge and oat biscuits. I've gone metric as I now live mostly in Spain, but accurate conversion isn't necessary you can safely work on 25 g = 1 oz.

Ingredients

175 g oat flour (make this by sticking rolled oats into a coffee bean chopper if you can't find it)

100 g rolled oats

10 g baking powder

100 g butter

100 g white sugar (granulated, not gound, not castor)

half teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 eggs

2 desertspoons honey

Preparation

beat the eggs

Thoroughly mix the oat flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.

Add the butter and rub in until consistent

Add the honey and beaten eggs and stir in until thoroughly mixed.

Add 80 g of rolled oats, and mix

leave to stand a few minutes (preheat oven to 180C [360F] in the meantime)

if any liquid separated out from the mixture, add some more rolled oats and mix in again

spread some rolled oats on top of a sheet of non-stick oven paper in a baking tray

Put dollops of the dough mix on top of the rolled oats (about 1 in by 1 in by half in size dolops)

making sure that the dolops are quite far apart (they will expand when cooked)

add some rolled oats on top of each dollop, pressing in so that the flakes are partly embedded

place in oven for about 10 minues, until it looks cooked.

put the bannnocks on a plate or a wire mesh rack to cool.

These are very sweet; can be eaten on their own, or with cream, or with crowdie (or any other mild cream cheese). Eaten with crowdie they go well with drinking a good sweet whisky liqueur (Glayva for preference, but Drambuie also works) or even an ordinary whisky.

Tom

• So, 4 eggs total or did you mistakenly enter the 2 eggs twice?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (2/15/2011)

So, 4 eggs total or did you mistakenly enter the 2 eggs twice?

Definitely a mistake! :blush: I've edited it to remove the extra 2 eggs. Thanks for spotting it.

Tom

• Another mistake in that oat cakes recipe - I put same weight of sugar as of flour, it should have been same weight of sugar as of butter. Ouch! Edited it again to correct that one too. (I noticed when I went to make some, using what I'd posted, and realised that I had nearly twice as much sugar as I should - before I tipped it in, fortunately, as it's likely to be difficult to unmix the sugar from the other dry ingredients once it's been tipped in.)

Tom

• America's Test Kitchen Triple-Chocolate Cookies

Makes 26 cookies

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate , chopped

1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

7 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into pieces

2 teaspoons instant coffee

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 large eggs , at room temperature

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon table salt

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chips, and butter in a

heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring

frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.

2. Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until dissolved. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl of electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla-coffee mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.

3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Using a large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter than cookie dough).

4. Meanwhile, adjust two oven racks to upper- and lower-middle

positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets

with parchment paper. Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie,

place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until

cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking time.

Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool cookies completely, on baking sheets, before serving.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Gourmet Butter Toffee Popcorn Recipe

Ingredients You Will Need:

1 cup butter

2 cups light brown sugar

½ cup corn syrup

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup whole pecans (or peanuts) - optional

1 cup cashews - optional

10 cups home popped popcorn

Pop the popcorn and pour it into a large metal bowl. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

Using a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for about five minutes without stirring. Remove the mixture from the heat, add the baking soda and vanilla extract and stir to mix. Pour the syrup over the popcorn and mix gently. Spread the toffee popcorn into sheet cake pans and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin

Stuffing Ingredients

- Roasted Red Pepper

- Sun dried Tomato

- Roasted Minced Garlic

- Cilantro

- Goat Cheese

- BBQ Sauce

- Proscuitto

- Thick Sliced Maple or Hickory Bacon

Spilt the loin down the middle to as close to the bottom, without going through, as possible. Prior to splitting the loin, use food processor and pulse together Roasted Red Pepper, Sun dried Tomato, Roasted Minced Garlic, a little Jap Pepper juice (I used canned, pickled jap juice), and Cilantro until you have a paste like consistency.

Spoon in your mixture and spread thick and even across the middle towards the sides of your cut. Drizzle a fair amount of BBQ sauce in the middle of the split, and then add remaining fresh Cilantro on top. Top that with crumbled up Goat Cheese, and then top that with Proscuitto. Tie together with cotton twine or equivalent twine for smokin' and then wrap in thick sliced Bacon.

Smoke until internal temp reaches 150 degrees tops. Take off pit, and let sit for approximately 30 to 45 minutes before slicing. Internal temp will reach around 160-165.

I typically smoke pork with a combination of Red/White Oak and Apple woods. Make sure you wood is well seasoned (usually translates into having sit after being cut for at least 2 years). Or you can buy chips/chunks/logs online. If you do not have a smoker, or would like to get into this kind of BBQ, let me know! I belong to the KCBS and am a contest judge at various events.

🙂

• Putrid Chicken (named by my ex for the way it looked the next day, but trust me its good)

4 chicken breast

2 can large cream of mushroom soup

4 cups of brocoli

1/2 cup of mayo

Curry powder (to taste (or colour)

Chop up chicken into chunks

Steam brocoli (I'm english I like it softer than most)

In a bowl combine Mayo, soup and curry powder (I do it until it's a light green colour)

Put chicken, brocoli and sauce (from previous step) into 9x2x11 casserole dish

Cook for about 45 mins at 425

The top of the casserole dish should be slightly brown and bubbling over.

Serve over rice....

• Bumping back to page 1...

Beef (or Ham) rollups

1 pkg Budding Beef (which is dried beef) or Ham. If you don't have the Budding brand, anything thinly sliced will work.

1 pkg cream cheese

1 small minced onion

milk

Catalina Dressing

Let the cream cheese soften. Add onions and milk until cream cheese is thinned and has a dip-like (but not runny) consistency.

Add dressing to taste.

Take a slice of meat. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of filling along one edge of the slice. Roll meat so filling is inside. Repeat for each slice of meat. Depending on how many slices you have, you may need to make another mix of filling.

Chill in fridge. Pull out later and eat. Great for sport parties, family reunions, or just as snacks over the holiday.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply