SQL Server Agent fails to start - no error msg

• Hi all,

Allen: I already restarted the server several times. There's SQL SP3 installed as well as Win2000 SP2. I will install the Win2000 SP3 soon but I guess it will not solve the problem.

Frank: I think this is the only thing left that I will try. I will reinstall the server. The only problem that it's in Romania (I'm in Hungary) and lot of people are working on it. However I can't do anything else than completely reinstall it.

Thanks again!

Csaba Mezo

Csaba Mezo

• Hi Csaba,

quote:

Frank: I think this is the only thing left that I will try. I will reinstall the server. The only problem that it's in Romania (I'm in Hungary) and lot of people are working on it. However I can't do anything else than completely reinstall it.

reinstall should only be the last emergency exit.

I believe something MUST have changed in the configuration.

Maybe you should wait some hours before starting, it might be someone else has an idea.

Cheers,

Frank

--
    Frank Kalis
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Webmaster: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs
    My blog: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs/frankkalis/[/url]

• I also feel that something has been changed but I don't know why. And why only the Agent fails and not the SQL Server?

However I have to wait until next week to reinstall the server because it's in production over the weekend too. The onyl problem that there are some very important processes to start each night but without the Agent I can't schedule them.

Csaba Mezo

Csaba Mezo

• Hi Csaba,

Do you change you local system account password? If so you can try this:

Open system services Click MSSQLSERVER or SQLSERVERAGENT then properties under log on tab check the Local System account. Then restart the server.

Good luck.

• Dear Wang,

I already tried it but it hasn't helped. 🙁

Thanks,

Csaba

Csaba Mezo

Csaba Mezo

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply