SQL Server Management Studio 2005 Crashes

• Try downloading .NET fremawork from MS - and reinstalling.

After that you will have to execute Windows Update to reapply the SPs and security fixes for .NET.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• This could be caused by corrupted Management Studio user data. Someone said that this could fix SSMS crash problem. Just a simple step, try it.

Go to:

1. %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools

2. Delete the 'Shell' folder. This folder will be rebuilt when you start SSMS. You will lose your connected server history, but you should retain recent files, etc.

• This was the solution for me.

Thanks a lot.

• Oh my God! I have been battling with this problem for about 2 weeks!!

I uninstalled all sql server 2005 components and all .NET Frameworks, then re-installed each one with patches.....restarting my machine (which takes about 10 mins!!) after each patch....all to no avail.

Deleting that Shell folder appears to have done the trick and eased my worries significantly - thank you so much!!

PH

• Yes, this works fine for me

thanks

• Worked for me too. Thanks a loooott. 🙂

• This worked fantastic for me. thanks so much.. we upgraded the application and were about to uninstall the whole application.. Thank you so much ,I appreciate it.:-D

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply