SSC Forum Updates

• We've deployed a fix this morning for the [TopicTitle] not being correctly replaced in the notification emails.
    <br

• James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:20 AM

We've deployed a fix this morning for the [TopicTitle] not being correctly replaced in the notification emails.

Could that be the reason for the preview not working and throwing a 500 error?
    😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:27 AM

James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:20 AM

We've deployed a fix this morning for the [TopicTitle] not being correctly replaced in the notification emails.

😎

It shouldn't be. That is likely caused by you needing to flush your browser cache. You can try CTRL-F5, or alternatively in Chrome you can bring up the dev-tools with F12, then click-and-hold the page refresh button and choose "Empty cache and hard reload".

If the problem persists after that, please let us know

• James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:51 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:27 AM

James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 1:20 AM

😎

It shouldn't be. That is likely caused by you needing to flush your browser cache. You can try CTRL-F5, or alternatively in Chrome you can bring up the dev-tools with F12, then click-and-hold the page refresh button and choose "Empty cache and hard reload".

If the problem persists after that, please let us know

Flushed the cache and all fine now!

😎

• We've deployed a further fix today for the < character being appended to certain posts, and URL's occasionally being unfollowable due to some hidden control characters being appended.

• James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 3:52 AM

We've deployed a further fix today for the < character being appended to certain posts, and URL's occasionally being unfollowable due to some hidden control characters being appended.

I had noticed that in a few spots, but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Is that same root cause as the cursor appearing to be 1 character behind when typing a post?  The text appears correctly, but it's weird when typing.

• Was trying to post an ASCII diagram as a code=plain, comes out all muddled
    😎

,--------------------------------,
     +--------------------+    +---------------------------+  |  +------------------+  |  +---------------------------+
     | Questionnaire  |    | Questionnaire_question  |  |  | Execution   |  |  | Execution_answer    |
     |--------------------|    +---------------------------+  |  +------------------+  |  +---------------------------+
     | Questionnaire_id |-+---,  | Questionnaire_question_id |>+--'  | Execution_id  |-+--, '--+<| Questionnaire_question_id |
     | Questionnaire_name |  '---+<| Questionnaire_id    |>+-------+<| Questionnaire_id |  '----+<| Execution_id     |
     +--------------------+  ,---+<| Question_id     |    | Execution_date |    | Answer_text     |
              |  | Question_ordinal    |    +------------------+    +---------------------------+
     +---------------+    |  +---------------------------+            
     | Question  |    |             
     +---------------+    |
     | Question_id |-+--------'
     | Question_text |
     +---------------+

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Friday, January 20, 2017 5:34 AM

Was trying to post an ASCII diagram as a code=plain, comes out all muddled
    😎

,--------------------------------,
     +--------------------+    +---------------------------+  |  +------------------+  |  +---------------------------+
     | Questionnaire  |    | Questionnaire_question  |  |  | Execution   |  |  | Execution_answer    |
     |--------------------|    +---------------------------+  |  +------------------+  |  +---------------------------+
     | Questionnaire_id |-+---,  | Questionnaire_question_id |>+--'  | Execution_id  |-+--, '--+<| Questionnaire_question_id |
     | Questionnaire_name |  '---+<| Questionnaire_id    |>+-------+<| Questionnaire_id |  '----+<| Execution_id     |
     +--------------------+  ,---+<| Question_id     |    | Execution_date |    | Answer_text     |
              |  | Question_ordinal    |    +------------------+    +---------------------------+
     +---------------+    |  +---------------------------+            
     | Question  |    |             
     +---------------+    |
     | Question_id |-+--------'
     | Question_text |
     +---------------+

I had the same problem with code, in general.  In the code window, all of the pretty formatting of the old forum is gone and also has some occasional problems with leading and other groups of spaces and the "double line" problems.  The same holds true for plain code.  It's a bit of extra work but I resurrected an old and simple word macro that changes spaces to hard spaces (^s) and "paragraph marks" (^p) to "Manual Line Breaks" (^l), which are really just CHAR(10) behind the scenes.

When I paste that into a Plain Code IFCode, the forum says it looks like I'm pasting from Word and do I want to clean it up so that it posts "correctly".  The answer to that question is to hit the CANCEL button and everything stays beautiful. 

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 5:22 AM

James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 3:52 AM

We've deployed a further fix today for the < character being appended to certain posts, and URL's occasionally being unfollowable due to some hidden control characters being appended.

I had noticed that in a few spots, but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Is that same root cause as the cursor appearing to be 1 character behind when typing a post?  The text appears correctly, but it's weird when typing.

Nope - at least, I don't think so...
    The tedious underlying reason was to do with if you happened to end your post with a new-line, stripping off some invisible formatting code wasn't quite correct.

• James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 6:43 AM

Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 5:22 AM

James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 3:52 AM

Nope - at least, I don't think so...
    The tedious underlying reason was to do with if you happened to end your post with a new-line, stripping off some invisible formatting code wasn't quite correct.

That sounds like such a nice one to troubleshoot.  :crazy:

Is the cursor behavior while typing on your list?

• Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 7:21 AM

We weren't aware of it, on our machines here, typing seems to behave as expected. 

So if you can supply a bit more information as to browser/os/machine spec etc. that might be helpful.

• James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 8:07 AM

Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 7:21 AM

We weren't aware of it, on our machines here, typing seems to behave as expected. 

So if you can supply a bit more information as to browser/os/machine spec etc. that might be helpful.

Cursor does some odd things. I've noticed several times that the cursor is one letter behind where I'm typing. Also, when pasting the cursor doesn't go to the end of my paste, it goes where ever it pleases (for the below paste it went to the end of the word diff on the first line).

Also, it seems that the plain code has gone caput. This should be all nicely aligned, it's not.

Key   start_date     end_date      diff
    ----------- ----------------------- ----------------------- --------------------
    1    2017-01-20 15:00:00.000 2017-01-20 15:11:29.367 0:11
    ----------- ----------------------- ----------------------- --------------------
    1    2017-01-20 14:00:00.000 2017-01-20 15:11:29.367 1:11

Edit: Just had a further look, it doesn't seem to be the code, but actually that when i paste, 2 spaces are converted in one, thus the allignment is wrong. Also, I'm getting the problem with the cursor as I type this line. When this happens, if you hit the backspace, it deletes the wrong character, as it removes the character at the cursor, not the one you just typed.

Edit2: Sorry didn't notice (getting the cursor problem this time too! <>_<, Im' on Windows 7, using Firefox Version 50.1.0.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Trying out Jeff's method on the ASCII diagram
    😎

Looks like it works like a charm! Thanks Jeff!

•                                                                    ,--------------------------------,
     +--------------------+           +---------------------------+    |      +------------------+      |    +---------------------------+ 
     | Questionnaire      |           | Questionnaire_question    |    |      | Execution        |      |    | Execution_answer          |
     |--------------------|           +---------------------------+    |      +------------------+      |    +---------------------------+
     | Questionnaire_id   |-+---,     | Questionnaire_question_id |>+--'      | Execution_id     |-+--, '--+<| Questionnaire_question_id |  
     | Questionnaire_name |     '---+<| Questionnaire_id          |>+-------+<| Questionnaire_id |    '----+<| Execution_id              |  
     +--------------------+     ,---+<| Question_id               |           | Execution_date   |           | Answer_text               |  
                                |     | Question_ordinal          |           +------------------+           +---------------------------+ 
     +---------------+          |     +---------------------------+            
     | Question      |          |             
     +---------------+          |
     | Question_id   |-+--------'
     | Question_text |
     +---------------+

WG

• Thom A - Friday, January 20, 2017 8:20 AM

James Billings, Redgate - Friday, January 20, 2017 8:07 AM

Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 7:21 AM

Cursor does some odd things. I've noticed several times that the cursor is one letter behind where I'm typing. Also, when pasting the cursor doesn't go to the end of my paste, it goes where ever it pleases (for the below paste it went to the end of the word diff on the first line).

Also, it seems that the plain code has gone caput. This should be all nicely aligned, it's not.

1    2017-01-20 15:00:00.000 2017-01-20 15:11:29.367 0:11
    1    2017-01-20 14:00:00.000 2017-01-20 15:11:29.367 1:11

Edit: Just had a further look, it doesn't seem to be the code, but actually that when i paste, 2 spaces are converted in one, thus the allignment is wrong. Also, I'm getting the problem with the cursor as I type this line. When this happens, if you hit the backspace, it deletes the wrong character, as it removes the character at the cursor, not the one you just typed.

Thom hit the nail on the head with the cursor being 1 character behind.  I thought it was related to having characters after the position at which I was typing or to using the backspace key, but then I couldn't reproduce it. I'll keep taking mental notes until I figure it out or hear of it being fixed.  I'm using an up-to-date Firefox on Windows 7 on a desktop PC.

Another issue with the paste is that when I paste text, I can't continue typing because the focus on the editing window is lost.  I don't know if it's relevant, but I always copy and paste using the keyboard (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) and not using the mouse.

• Ed Wagner - Friday, January 20, 2017 8:31 AM

Thom hit the nail on the head with the cursor being 1 character behind.  I thought it was related to having characters after the position at which I was typing or to using the backspace key, but then I couldn't reproduce it. I'll keep taking mental notes until I figure it out or hear of it being fixed.  I'm using an up-to-date Firefox on Windows 7 on a desktop PC.

Another issue with the paste is that when I paste text, I can't continue typing because the focus on the editing window is lost.  I don't know if it's relevant, but I always copy and paste using the keyboard (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) and not using the mouse.

Sounds like it might be a "feature" of using SSC on Firefox then, we both have the same set up. >_<

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply