Whats the most hot BI tool now in the market

• hi friends,

Now am using Procalrity 6.3 as my front end for our BI solutions.Am quite wondering whether it is the tool with most facillities because i that it lacks something....I want to know the top BI tools in the market based on the usages and options availaible in it for representation of data . Whats the status of proclarity in that...

cheers mate

vijay

• Take a look at Stonefield Query, a powerful application to extract intelligent management information from your company's databases. I use it all day and it is a dream to work with

• ProClarity 6.3 too. Still seems on top but interested to see what MS do with it next!

boudewijn.lutgerink (8/12/2008)

Take a look at Stonefield Query, a powerful application to extract intelligent management information from your company's databases. I use it all day and it is a dream to work with

what does that offer over and above Rep Services - doesn't look like an analysis tool, or am I missing something?

• You are not saying that the analysis and decision making should be automated each and every time, are you :w00t: ? Maybe you could possibly do that with the scripting possibility in SQ. I never took it that far. I could run a test for this, but that will not be any sooner then by the end of next week. For now I have a heap of work, up to my earlobes. :crazy:

• elegantkvc (8/12/2008)

hi friends,

Now am using Procalrity 6.3 as my front end for our BI solutions.Am quite wondering whether it is the tool with most facillities because i that it lacks something....I want to know the top BI tools in the market based on the usages and options availaible in it for representation of data . Whats the status of proclarity in that...

cheers mate

vijay

ProClarity is deprecated at the end of 2011. I would take a look at the newer tools in the market that take the best from the old guys (like Proclarity and Panorama) and innovate the space to the next level. Check out "Sisense" and "Pyramid Analytics".

😉

• snap254 (5/8/2011)

elegantkvc (8/12/2008)

hi friends,

cheers mate

vijay

ProClarity is deprecated at the end of 2011. I would take a look at the newer tools in the market that take the best from the old guys (like Proclarity and Panorama) and innovate the space to the next level. Check out "Sisense" and "Pyramid Analytics".

😉

Power Pivot should be the replacement, at least from the Microsoft BI stack.

But requires SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise or better.

• Try Qlikview at qlikview.com .. for demos http://demo.qlikview.com/?ga-link=promo ..

• Why am I tempted to answer : Me, without any doubt :w00t:.

• ROTFL you just couldn't leave it alone.... LOL

Steve.

• stevefromOZ (5/11/2011)

ROTFL you just couldn't leave it alone.... LOL

Immortality :alien:

• in the market right now - Qlikview is nice but expensive.

in the market very soon(?)... SQL Server Denali BI tools, project Cresent !!

• steveb. (5/11/2011)

in the market right now - Qlikview is nice but expensive.

can you share any details on the quote? I'm curious on how expensive.

Data Enthusiast | @SQLbyoBI | www.opifexsolutions.com

• wta306 (5/17/2011)

steveb. (5/11/2011)

in the market right now - Qlikview is nice but expensive.

can you share any details on the quote? I'm curious on how expensive.

It really depends on the customer and how many licenses you are buying and what country you are in, the best bet would be to contact a re-supplier in your area.

• hey dude try SAP BOBJ tool

its really awesome...

• Read this post and downloaded the free trial version of Stonefield Query. Good advice. Had reports running in mins. SDK version is a great development tool.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply