Where are you?

• Columbus OHIO USA. I came here in 1983 to attend college and stayed. Previous to that I lived 45 miles north of Columbus. Kind of a boring story compared to some of you moving around the US and the world!

• Markus (3/12/2010)

Columbus OHIO USA. I came here in 1983 to attend college and stayed. Previous to that I lived 45 miles north of Columbus. Kind of a boring story compared to some of you moving around the US and the world!

Well, not all of us have moved around the country. Lifelong upstate New Yorker here (currently in the Albany area). I've pretty much lived on various points of the NY State Thruway (Buffalo, Kingston, Syracuse, Albany, in that order).

My ex-girlfriend lives in Columbus. Does that count? 😉

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• I guess an ex-girlfriend in Cols counts..... 🙂

Unlike most people I have hardy ever been out of Ohio. I think I have been in 8 states total. I have not even flown in a comercial airliner since 2000 and that was a DB2 conference in Dallas.

• An absolute, just beginning, complete rookie in SQL working in Marinette, Wisconsin. That's across the river from Menominee, Michigan (yooper country). Grew up an hour south in 'Packer Country' (Green Bay, Wisconsin). Bought the farm, literally, when I moved back to Wisconsin.

I love 'listening' to all you guys. Fun, humor, needling, KNOWLEDGE, sharing. What more can anybody ask for? There's always something to be learned (and I need a LOT of that). Even getting to go to my first SQLSaturday soon. :w00t: Any others in NE Wisconsin? Wouldn't mind an occasional info sharing session over a good beer once in a while.

• gails (3/12/2010)

Wouldn't mind an occasional info sharing session over a good beer once in a while.

How about the second week in July? I'll be heading to Minnesota for fishing and usually stay the night in Superior before completing the trip on Saturday. I can make a detour...Let me Google it to see how it changes my drive time.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Superior's only all the way across the state, at about the widest part. But there can be good fishing out on the bay here, too. 🙂

• Just out of curiousity, what part of Minnesota are you fishing?

• Josh B (3/12/2010)

Just out of curiousity, what part of Minnesota are you fishing?

The town of Cass Lake (specifically fishing on Leech Lake), near Walker and Bemidji. Been going there since I was young, my grandfather started in the late 1950's, then my dad, then me - now it the whole family. My daughters love it!

• gails (3/12/2010)

Superior's only all the way across the state, at about the widest part. But there can be good fishing out on the bay here, too. 🙂

What do you fish for?

• tosscrosby-60625 (3/12/2010)

Josh B (3/12/2010)

The town of Cass Lake (specifically fishing on Leech Lake), near Walker and Bemidji. Been going there since I was young, my grandfather started in the late 1950's, then my dad, then me - now it the whole family. My daughters love it!

Great area! I've been heading up to Walker for a vacation every year for the last 10 years or so. Leech is definitely a good lake to fish. Definitely worth the drive.

• Just the goldfish in the big pond in the backyard. But my husband's family are all big on fishing. Walleye, perch, crappies, sturgeon. The nephews have even won trophies on Hemlock Lake (near Rhinelander).

Gail

• Josh B (3/12/2010)

tosscrosby-60625 (3/12/2010)

Josh B (3/12/2010)

Great area! I've been heading up to Walker for a vacation every year for the last 10 years or so. Leech is definitely a good lake to fish. Definitely worth the drive.

We've always stayed on Sucker Bay. There were 5 resorts as I grew up but it's now down to one. We stayed in the same resort (Maple Leaf) for 40+ years (not me personally for that long but the family as everybody has started going up there). We now stay at the last remaining resort on that side of the bay. The area is familiar to all the kids so they can hike or whatever without many issues (the occasional tick, the odd bear that they scare up, which has always run the other way). And best of all, limited, at best, technology. Heaven on earth for sure.

• Markus (3/12/2010)

I guess an ex-girlfriend in Cols counts..... 🙂

Yeah, she grew up around here, went to Ohio State, and eventually settled out there. Somehow we started dating long distance after she settled out there (long story). Go figure.

Unlike most people I have hardy ever been out of Ohio. I think I have been in 8 states total. I have not even flown in a comercial airliner since 2000 and that was a DB2 conference in Dallas.

Now that's a different story. I've been all over the country (with the exception of Alaska, Hawaii, and the deep South Gulf states) and even been overseas a couple of times.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Hey I am from Bangalore, India 🙂

https://sqlroadie.com/

• Arjun Sivadasan (3/17/2010)

Hey I am from Bangalore, India 🙂

I was wondering if any of you Bangalore folks were on here! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply