Where are you?

• 'nuff said. orginal post edited - rant removed.

Free Expert Advice . . .
    http://xkcd.com/627/

Mark

• Hey Terry,

Please accept my apologies.

It's (was) a cut/paste of the script from a popular beer commercial meant to poke fun at Canadian culture.

(It's now affectionately called "The Molson Canadian rant".)

No offense was intended.

P.S. OK . . . I'll admit Crosby got lucky!

(What with Ryan Miller acting like a brick wall et al. . . )

M

Free Expert Advice . . .

Mark

• mark.pleasance (3/2/2010)

Hey Terry,

Please accept my apologies.

It's (was) a cut/paste of the script from a popular beer commercial meant to poke fun at Canadian culture.

(It's now affectionately called "The Molson Canadian rant".)

No offense was intended.

P.S. OK . . . I'll admit Crosby got lucky!

(What with Ryan Miller acting like a brick wall et al. . . )

M

I thought it was rather funny myself.

• Sometimes I can be a little too sensitive. No offense taken at all Mark. BTW - my last name is also Crosby. No relation to the hockey player....at least that I'm aware of! Wonder if I can hit him up for a "loan"????

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby-60625 (3/2/2010)

Sometimes I can be a little too sensitive. No offense taken at all Mark. BTW - my last name is also Crosby. No relation to the hockey player....at least that I'm aware of! Wonder if I can hit him up for a "loan"????

Might be worth looking up the ol' genealogy tree . . .

He's is the highest paid player for Pittsburgh . . .

USD$9million / year . . . (not including the Reebok deal)

I've been to a few functions where he was speaking (fund raisers /etc.)

He is an exceptional person. Really down to earth type guy.

If his home town / province is any indication of the type of person he is . . .

& if you are family . . . he'd help you out. There's no question about that.

That's the way people are from Atlantic Canada.

It's almost creepy how friendly everyone is over there . . .

M

Free Expert Advice . . .

Mark

• Live and work near Swindon, Wilts in the UK

(and that is near not in Swindon)

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• So is Swindon that bad that you differentiate between 'near' and 'in' ?

Madame Artois

• Stuart Davies (3/10/2010)

Live and work near Swindon, Wilts in the UK

(and that is near not in Swindon)

S Hodkinson (3/10/2010)

So is Swindon that bad that you differentiate between 'near' and 'in' ?

Yes. In Swindon, computers change hands too quickly for any serious development to take place.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• A British comedian (Simon Amstell I believe) said “If the UK needed an enema – then the pipe would go in Swindon”

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Chris Morris-439714 (3/10/2010)

Yes. In Swindon, computers change hands too quickly for any serious development to take place.

Sounds like Johannesburg. I'd probably feel right at home there.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (3/10/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (3/10/2010)

Of course, you have all the right weapons. Now wait a minute - GilaMonster is almost an anagram of Gangsta :ermm:

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris-439714 (3/10/2010)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Swindon's barely a would-be apprentice to Jo'burg's top league of bad places!

I can still go there shopping alone, though there's far nicer places since I've moved further away across Wiltshire

• P Jones (3/11/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (3/10/2010)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Swindon's barely a would-be apprentice to Jo'burg's top league of bad places!

I can still go there shopping alone, though there's far nicer places since I've moved further away across Wiltshire

Try strolling around the magic roundabout on a match day!

• Any navigation of the Swindon magic roundabout is complex and random - I think it's linked to DBCC_TIMEWARP 😀

• Hello from Kosova - the newest state in the World ... http://www.kosovothanksyou.com

============================================================
    SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply