Which Versions of SQL Server Do You Have?

• We also have 2 sql 2000 servers. One has old software that we will continue to support until the vendor software is upgraded. The other is a stand-alone system that will be retired (one day soon - I hope). The rest are all SQL 2005 with the exception of one I just converted to SQL 2008 R2. Planning to migrate all of our main site's 2005 servers to 2008 R2 by year end since these servers are coming up on lease. We have some off-site sql servers that do not come up off of lease for a while longer, so we will most likely do that next year sometime.

• We migrated our SQL 7 to SQL 2008R2 earlier this year, and have just migrated most of the staging server from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008R2. The staging instance is also a consolidation project - the other source was running SQL 2005

One production server is running SQL 2005 with no immediate upgrade plans.

At least two Express's as part of vendor products. (2005 & 2008R2)

So are moving from 3 versions to 2 versions.

• We have most of our products with 2008R2 and one 3rd party product with 2000 which we've been trying to get rid of.

• Only just got rid of a SQL 7 server - otherwise we've got:-

2 x 2000

3 x 2005

4 x 2008 R2

and a smattering (10 or so) of SQL express 2005 / 8 installs

Plus heavens only knows what people have installed locally - but then that's not my concern

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply