Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve,

The scripts section used to be divided up into categories when first entering that realm. Is there any chance of getting it back like that? It makes it easier to find a script.

Unless somebody knows of a better alternative...

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/4/2010)

I would like somebody do an entire blog post via twitter:-D

Jonathan Kehayias and I just did! πŸ˜‰

• Paul White NZ (5/4/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (5/4/2010)

I would like somebody do an entire blog post via twitter:-D

Jonathan Kehayias and I just did! πŸ˜‰

Yeah - I see that. What a pain in the butt, as you guys found out.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Today I ran across the strangest threads I've ever seen here on SSC:

Want to buy a Ford car?

A sad story from Colorado

They don't seem to be automatic spam, but, evidently, have nothing to do with the forums they're in.

Strange world.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (5/5/2010)

Today I ran across the strangest threads I've ever seen here on SSC:

Want to buy a Ford car?

They don't seem to be automatic spam, but, evidently, have nothing to do with the forums they're in.

Strange world.

The first one should just get deleted. I'm not sure what the second one is all about. Interesting though.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Yes yes Yes...!!!

My article is out on SQL Server Standard in SQLPass site. I have been waiting for this day. Happy day for me. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

-Roy

• Gianluca Sartori (5/5/2010)

Want to buy a Ford car?

Strange world.

Both whacked. Neither one more than SPAM.

• Roy Ernest (5/5/2010)

Yes yes Yes...!!!

My article is out on SQL Server Standard in SQLPass site. I have been waiting for this day. Happy day for me. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

Darn, I knew it was ready on Monday but couldn't get my blog post put together quick enough so I could break the news.

Congrats Roy! I hope it gets lots of air time. I'll still blog about it to try to push some eyeballs your way. It's a great article.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/5/2010)

Gianluca Sartori (5/5/2010)

Want to buy a Ford car?

Strange world.

Awww...I was asleep when they got whacked. Were they at least interesting?

Gaby

• Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Roy Ernest (5/5/2010)

Yes yes Yes...!!!

Darn, I knew it was ready on Monday but couldn't get my blog post put together quick enough so I could break the news.

Congrats Roy! I hope it gets lots of air time. I'll still blog about it to try to push some eyeballs your way. It's a great article.

Thanks Grant I appreciate it... And Thank you for accepting the article.

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/5/2010)

Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Roy Ernest (5/5/2010)

Yes yes Yes...!!!

Thanks Grant I appreciate it... And Thank you for accepting the article.

No need to thank me. I just got to read an interesting and informative article before anyone else. Total privilege.

• GabyYYZ (5/5/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/5/2010)

Want to buy a Ford car?

Strange world.

Missed the first one. The second was vanity press mis lit.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Congrats Roy

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• Chris Morris-439714 (5/5/2010)

GabyYYZ (5/5/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/5/2010)

Want to buy a Ford car?

Strange world.

Missed the first one. The second was vanity press mis lit.

No man, it was profound, important, deep... I was touched. And I've reported them to the police too.

• Roy Ernest (5/5/2010)

Yes yes Yes...!!!

Congrats, Roy!

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 15,061 through 15,075 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply