Are the posted questions getting worse?

• jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

Found my entertainment for the forseeable future. As provided to me:

"You HAVE to click this link …. It is a video name generator and gives you new (made up) names of video games

http://videogamena.me/[/url] "

favorites so far:

Ninja Bible Apocalypse

Cthulhu's Trailer Park Preacher

New STD Heroes

Jedi Donkey Princess

O.M.G. Must write stories with these titles. (heehehehe). I'll start at the top and work my way down. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• GilaMonster (6/16/2011)

Why are you surprised by the rejection reason? Speakers are allowed max 2 sessions, I'm doing a pre-con with Grant and a spotlight, so 'exceeded max allowable sessions' is about the only thing they could have said for the regular sessions. (well, that or 'not good enough')

Forgot you had one with Grant. I thought you just had the one from 24HOP

That makes sense. I like the limit of 2, otherwise it gets hard to rotate in new speakers.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/16/2011)

Fal (6/16/2011)

I had loads of fun on the bus coming into work this morning.

So I start undressing. As luck would have it the spider is dislodged by my satchel and ends ...

Steve.

ROFL :w00t::hehe:

Me too! Man, the story was described so vividly that I felt like I was on the bus. If only there were a youtube video for this one.

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

GilaMonster (6/16/2011)

All of mine got rejected 'max allowed sessions'. Am a little bleak about that, though I understand the reason. I thought in previous years it was max 2 conference sessions + potentially a precon.

I am surprised. A blanket rejection seems harsh. I know a few people mentioned they submitted 5.

IMHO, the tool ought to just limit you to 4 and not then reject you. Or when reviewing, just show the first 4.

I agree. Submit your best 4 abstracts first. I was disappointed that we couldn't select Gails DBA session due to her maxing out on other sessions. The system automatically changed the rejection to Max Allowed and we had no control on that.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Fal (6/16/2011)

So I start undressing. As luck would have it the spider is dislodged by my satchel and ends ...

Steve.

You haven't truly lived until you've had a mouse scurry up your pants-leg.

That happened to me at work (previous employment) by the way.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• <headdesk>

Really wish people would state what version they are using at the START of the thread when posting in a multi-version subforum.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• mtillman-921105 (6/16/2011)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/16/2011)

Fal (6/16/2011)

Steve.

My dog chased a squirrel up my pants-leg one time.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (6/16/2011)

I'll take wild rodents over arachnids any day of the week.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GSquared (6/16/2011)

mtillman-921105 (6/16/2011)

Fal (6/16/2011)

Steve.

Just hope it didn't grab on to the branch too hard.... :w00t:

• jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

"You HAVE to click this link …. It is a video name generator and gives you new (made up) names of video games

favorites so far:

Ninja Bible Apocalypse

New STD Heroes

Jedi Donkey Princess

Love it. In 5 clicks I got

Interstellar Metal Demolition

Drunken Business Gladiator

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

GSquared (6/16/2011)

One might kill me, but the other is pretty damned sure to do a lot of damage in a confined space, nevermind the whole 'eat one here and take the other home' concern... think I'll take the spider there.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (6/16/2011)

jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

GSquared (6/16/2011)

One might kill me, but the other is pretty damned sure to do a lot of damage in a confined space, nevermind the whole 'eat one here and take the other home' concern... think I'll take the spider there.

You guys are killing me.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

GSquared (6/16/2011)

A spider minding its own business would be no big deal. A squirrel being chased by a terrier is already in a mood to bite if it feels cornered, which meant I couldn't just chase it back off of my leg, as it were. Those things carry all kinds of diseases that come under the heading of "more fun than I'm allowed to have".

Plus, squirrel claws are long enough to go through trousers and into skin a bit. It was moderately painful even without being bitten or having the thing continue up to my face.

So, I'd take the spider calmly exploring my arm event over the terrified disease-vector doing an adrenaline-climb up my leg event. But that may just be me.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• The Dixie Flatline (6/16/2011)

jcrawf02 (6/16/2011)

favorites so far:

Ninja Bible Apocalypse

New STD Heroes

Jedi Donkey Princess

Love it. In 5 clicks I got

Interstellar Metal Demolition

Drunken Business Gladiator

I had to stop after the first one was "Insane Dodgeball Annihilation". No point in going past that one to anything else.

Property of The Thread

• Ninja's_RGR'us (6/16/2011)

GSquared (6/16/2011)

mtillman-921105 (6/16/2011)

Fal (6/16/2011)

Steve.

Just hope it didn't grab on to the branch too hard.... :w00t:

Sitting very quietly and not moving at my desk late one saturday evening, puzzling out how to format an inventory report and heard a scurring sound and the source was a field mouse coming out of the server rack.

Opened the rack door and on the floor was a mouse nest. The little bugger was using the rack as a heated home. Left it alone for it had not done any damage and besides it was nice to have some company when working that late on a Saturday. OH yea it was visiting a developers desk, he kept a bag of peanuts in the bottom desk draw.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 27,391 through 27,405 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply