Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (6/17/2011)

GilaMonster (6/17/2011)

Off to the UK for a week and a half. Can some people keep an eye on the corruption forums make sure that any problems don't get unchallenged stupid advice?

Enjoy your trip...

And I will keep an eye on the corruption forum. My advice would be REBOOOOOOOOTTTT...!!!

😀

Just kidding. I wont give any advice.. 🙂

Not reboot - REINSTALL

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• GilaMonster (6/17/2011)

Off to the UK for a week and a half. Can some people keep an eye on the corruption forums make sure that any problems don't get unchallenged stupid advice?

Hmm. Trying to figure out if that means I'm not allowed to post in that forum while you're gone... @=)

We'll try. And I'll try not to give stupid advice. Promise.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Anyone got a magic wand? http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1127588.aspx

Yea, There is... Truncate the tables... Then it will be come faster.. 😀

-Roy

• Wow. PASS people have been busy the past two weeks. I've gotten more SQL Saturday speaker request notifications than I can shake a stick at!

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (6/17/2011)

Wow. PASS people have been busy the past two weeks. I've gotten more SQL Saturday speaker request notifications than I can shake a stick at!

Yeah it seems to be going nuts.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Craig Farrell (6/17/2011)

GilaMonster (6/17/2011)

I'll do what I can, but I don't own a katana to make sure they fear me. I'll just need to use this Nyquil induced haze of insanity I appear to have at the moment.

Excellent, I have a Katana, fear me! I shall attack with my strong coding skills, beware! 🙂

CEWII

• SQLRNNR (6/17/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (6/17/2011)

Wow. PASS people have been busy the past two weeks. I've gotten more SQL Saturday speaker request notifications than I can shake a stick at!

Yeah it seems to be going nuts.

They're having one in Omaha this year!!!! I wanna go (Old haunts & all) but I don't think I have the travel funds. @whimper

Anyone got a magic wand? http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1127588.aspx

Solid State hard drives?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• That one made me laugh. Hadn't seen it before.

• Cross your fingers, everyone. Horse vet called, ugly cut on the rear hind of a horse. I think it can be stitched, but you never know.

Have a good trip Gail. Say HI to Paul for me (still owe him a beer one night if we ever get together).

Hmm. Corruption forums, and the two best people in the world to handle them are at a training class in England.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Man, that is great! Enjoy your upgraded sqlskills(TM). Some day I'll get me some of that.

In the mean time, I just bought an AlienWare M17xR3 from Fry's yesterday. Plus a 16GB RAM upgrade along with it. Had to totally disassemble it a lot to do the upgrade. A lot. Also has a 750GB Seagate 7200 RPM drive. Tasty lappy. Twas up all night with hardware, and now spending the evening with software. Lots to install...

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

• I'm still trying to get my laptop reinstalled. Windows, office, Visual Studio all fine. SQL 2008 won't install, 2008 R2 won't install...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/17/2011)

Cross your fingers, everyone. Horse vet called, ugly cut on the rear hind of a horse. I think it can be stitched, but you never know.

Is the horse ok now? *hopeful*

-Ki

Viewing 15 posts - 27,451 through 27,465 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply