Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bruce W Cassidy (3/24/2009)

Bob Hovious (3/24/2009)

I console myself about aging by reminding myself that I'm only 34 in hex.

[font="Verdana"]There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. :-P[/font]

Oooh, not good! In binary, 34(hex) = 110100. Not sure you want to list that as your age, unless you're trying to impress someone. "Oh, I'm a little over 110-thousand years old, ya know."

Gives me an idea for the next time someone wants a resume with at least 10 years experience in SQL 2005!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can see what's coming next.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• GSquared (3/24/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (3/24/2009)

Bob Hovious (3/24/2009)

I console myself about aging by reminding myself that I'm only 34 in hex.

[font="Verdana"]There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. :-P[/font]

Oooh, not good! In binary, 34(hex) = 110100. Not sure you want to list that as your age, unless you're trying to impress someone. "Oh, I'm a little over 110-thousand years old, ya know."

Gives me an idea for the next time someone wants a resume with at least 10 years experience in SQL 2005!

SQL Server 2005 hasn't been out for ten years, how can you have ten years experience with it? Someone been smoking something and none of us have been invited to the party (not that I have ever smoked or would 😛 ).

• Hey Lynn,

I'm taking a coke (cola, not powder) break and have a few minutes. Want some reinforcements with the counseling?

71 and counting down... Steve should start giving door prizes. :hehe:

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Not sure. Haven't gotten a response to my last post yet. So, do you think the OP is giggling about this at the moment?

• Lynn Pettis (3/24/2009)

Okay, now I am beginning to feel like a counselor. is that also part of being a saint?

[font="Verdana"]Absolutely. Some excellent halo polishing going on there. Well done.[/font]

• In my opinion, the OP may have already unsubscribed from the thread. He originally appeared to be very appreciative of the help and just asking for a little more guidance. Then he got ticked off, when he got a no-help, sort-of-smart-aleck answer. The language used was totally uncalled-for, of course. You're right to be telling CR that what was needed was a little more direction towards the documentation the OP needed to read, but I doubt that he's in a mood to listen right now.

Not sure. Haven't gotten a response to my last post yet. So, do you think the OP is giggling about this at the moment?

Hey Lynn, I think this what is happening. Communication break down. The original poster did not specify that he knows nothing about reading setting from a table. If he/she specified that"Hey, I have no clue" maybe the person who replied might have been more responsive.

I think that is where the whole thing started.

-Roy

• You're probably right about CR. I know there have been times I felt that way. You may remember my treks into the desert. So, does some of this just come with age? You start to realize that everything doesn't have to be a confrontation? I guess you'd call wisdom. Sure isn't intelligence.

• Yeah, I have to agree with Bob. I'm new to SQL and CR's help didn't make much sense to me. Had it been me getting that, I would have asked for more info too, even a reference to BOL would have been good. I think CR is assuming a level of knowledge with the OP that isn't there, like which SQL Server table to use (and if there is only one SQL server table ot use, then that just shows my ignorance on the subject. :-)).

Keep on polishing that halo Lynn, perhaps the light will go on with CR. 😀

-- Kit

• (rolling 3xD6 for wisdom.... apply modifiers for age and experience .... )

I make you out to be a 20 for Wisdom, Lynn.

• Very true, Roy, definitely a communication break down. However, even though the OP didn't state they were lost and had no clue, CR didn't need to be unresponsive to the request for more help. And then the OP's response, totally uncalled for. I think Steve handled the situation just fine. I think I have had a couple of interactions with the OP in other threads and didn't have any issues.

SQL Server 2005 hasn't been out for ten years, how can you have ten years experience with it?

[font="Verdana"]I think someone forgets to tell the HR people compiling the job advertisement that it's not possible to have several years experience in a product that has just been released.

[/font]

• Bob Hovious (3/24/2009)

(rolling 3xD6 for wisdom.... apply modifiers for age and experience .... )

I make you out to be a 20 for Wisdom, Lynn.

And my wife would probably say that I lack any common sense (at least at times). 😛

• Looks like CR has left for the day.

Maybe cooler heads will prevail tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,926 through 2,940 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply