Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (3/25/2009)

Is this thread getting too big for the forum? I see triple postings... Something seems to have gone loose..:hehe:

I don't think it's The Thread as I've had multiple posts and the quote-a-random-message problem on other threads.

The multiple posts seem to be a network or response problem. The post gets made, but the refresh times out or the post is delayed in appearing, so a repost is done.

Not sure what would cause the semi-random quoting since it should just be a simple query to get the right message id.

Derek

• Looks like everything is back online... 🙂 Steve does not want the Gurus have a day off... :hehe:

-Roy

• GilaMonster (3/25/2009)

RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

You know I am not getting my email alerts/updates this morning either. Something is definitely off.

Likewise. I've had one notification since about 9am this morning (GMT+2).

I promise I didn't break anything, I've been offline most of the day. 😀

I just got 2 in rapid succession (from the last 2 posts here) both times at 3:24pm (GMT) after nothing since 8:50am (GMT)

P.S. That's true GMT not SSC GMT 🙂

Derek

• RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

Arggh! Grant & I have triple posts. The site wasn't responding and I just kept hitting POST... :blush:

I tried deleting the duplicates, but I don't think that Steve allows us to do that anymore.

I thought it was just me... and yeah, I can't delete them either. I was getting lots of posts rejected there for a while. Ah well, my post count must be going through the roof, but I'm going to look like a rash on a few threads.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GilaMonster (3/25/2009)

RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

You know I am not getting my email alerts/updates this morning either. Something is definitely off.

Likewise. I've had one notification since about 9am this morning (GMT+2).

I promise I didn't break anything, I've been offline most of the day. 😀

It was probably me. I break everything once.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Test response

• Test Post 2

• So, it looks clear now?

• Test Post 3

• Grant Fritchey (3/25/2009)

RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

I tried deleting the duplicates, but I don't think that Steve allows us to do that anymore.

I thought it was just me... and yeah, I can't delete them either.

Steve, can you perhaps enable deleting of posts again? I'm guessing you disabled it after the 'Answered Posts' fiasco, but it doesn't prevent a poster going back and editing their response to remove incriminating statements.

Due to network issues, I sometimes get double posts, or replies going to the wrong thread and it would be nice to delete them.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I would suggest allowing us to delete a post as long as someone hasn't replied to it yet.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

I would suggest allowing us to delete a post as long as someone hasn't replied to it yet.

That sounds sensible.

* Noel

• noeld (3/25/2009)

RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

I would suggest allowing us to delete a post as long as someone hasn't replied to it yet.

That sounds sensible.

That would be the same as deleting the thread.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (3/25/2009)

noeld (3/25/2009)

RBarryYoung (3/25/2009)

That sounds sensible.

That would be the same as deleting the thread.

No, not for reply posts.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I think I lost all the posts from this morning. That stinks. I wrote a couple of decent ones (for once). Ah well, no joy in Mudville.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,971 through 2,985 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply