Are the posted questions getting worse?

• I hear you, Lynn.

That thread reads like " I want the problem to be with the SQL Server. Tell me how to fix it. "

I just hope they are also consulting other forums for other topics besides SQL Server.

P.S. Please don't throw Jeff out of the game.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• GilaMonster (3/30/2009)

Lynn Pettis (3/30/2009)

Just what do the users expect us to do???

Read their minds, pull out a magic wand and make the nasty error go away, of course.

πŸ˜‰

LOL. If I could do that I wouldn't be working where i am now, and I'd certainly be making a whole lot more!

• GilaMonster (3/30/2009)

Lynn Pettis (3/30/2009)

Just what do the users expect us to do???

Read their minds, pull out a magic wand and make the nasty error go away, of course.

πŸ˜‰

i.e. pull out your light saber and use the Force to make them go away.

πŸ™‚

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Bob Hovious (3/30/2009)

I hear you, Lynn.

That thread reads like " I want the problem to be with the SQL Server. Tell me how to fix it. "

I just hope they are also consulting other forums for other topics besides SQL Server.

P.S. Please don't throw Jeff out of the game.

Luckily, I'm not the "Ref" here at SSC!

• Lynn Pettis (3/30/2009)

Bob Hovious (3/26/2009)

Aw, Jeff... don't hurt Lynn's delicate little green ears. πŸ˜›

Else, be shown the red card you might, yes.....

FYI, Bob's correct. Foul or abusive language is a send off offense in soccer.

Not quite right, Lynn. Being a Junior League ref as well, you'll first warn the player, then caution him on a second offence, and then if he (and this applies to a she as well) send the player off on a third repeat. Of course you would have to take other offences into consideration as well.

BTW, the pic of Zidane being sent off is a totally different issue, no matter what Matterazzi ever said to Zidane, he deserved to walk off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (3/30/2009)

Lynn Pettis (3/30/2009)

Bob Hovious (3/26/2009)

Aw, Jeff... don't hurt Lynn's delicate little green ears. πŸ˜›

Else, be shown the red card you might, yes.....

FYI, Bob's correct. Foul or abusive language is a send off offense in soccer.

Not quite right, Lynn. Being a Junior League ref as well, you'll first warn the player, then caution him on a second offence, and then if he (and this applies to a she as well) send the player off on a third repeat. Of course you would have to take other offences into consideration as well.

BTW, the pic of Zidane being sent off is a totally different issue, no matter what Matterazzi ever said to Zidane, he deserved to walk off.

One, the point of the picture is the Red Card, not the offense.

Two: directly from the FIFA Laws of the Game, LAW 12:

LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

Sending-off Offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any

of the following seven offences:

β€’ serious foul play

β€’ violent conduct

β€’ spitting at an opponent or any other person

β€’ denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring

opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply

to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

β€’ denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent

moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a

free kick or a penalty kick

β€’ using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures -- Bolding is mine

β€’ receiving a second caution in the same match

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must

leave the vicinity of the fi eld of play and the technical area

• A bit of humor for the day.

http://www.presidiacreative.com/101-purely-awesome-404-error-pages/

Greg E

• Geez, you are quick to pull out the rule book. Admitted, the pic is about the red card in the finals of a prof game, but would you as a ref in a junior match do that for offensive language in a first instance offence? I don't think so. Give them a good headwash and they'll relax.

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Also, depending on what is said, when it is said, and to whom it is said, one warning if not directed at anyone and then gone.

• Jan Van der Eecken (3/30/2009)

Geez, you are quick to pull out the rule book. Admitted, the pic is about the red card in the finals of a prof game, but would you as a ref in a junior match do that for offensive language in a first instance offence? I don't think so. Give them a good headwash and they'll relax.

I officiate youth and high school soccer. I will warn a player once if the language is inappropriate and not directed at anyone. If directed at another player, they are gone. No questions asked.

• Correct. And that gets pointed out to them before the game kicks off. So we are kinda in agreement I guess.

• Also depends on how loud it is said. If it can be heard across the field by the coaches, no warning, gone, no questions asked.

• Hehe, here in Cape Town the wind howls so terribly most season round no-one can hear anything that's being said on the field. So as a ref you have to be quick on your feet, or watch the feet of the forwards very well before they get deliberately stood upon by the defenders.

Could make this a whole new thread, so I'm backing out of it now.

Greets,

Jan

• This is the "Water Cooler", all topics are fair game here.

• And vice versa

Viewing 15 posts - 3,091 through 3,105 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply