Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bob Hovious (3/31/2009)

Hey Roy, didn't you hear? They started another thread that was invitation-only and you and I didn't make the cut.

... just kidding...

... at least to my knowledge...

Seriously, I can't speak for everyone else, but my work is getting hectic for the moment and I've been trying to put some effort into helping people when I have time to look at the forums. I also joined Threadaholics Anonymous. We have support group meetings and give out pins. πŸ˜‰

Oh you didn't hear Bob? You didn't make the cut either.

πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• and you and I didn't make the cut.

Yes, I heard...

That I didn't hear...

Or maybe I did...

I think I'll go back out and come back in and start all over from the beginning.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Does this make me half cut?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I've been told my work is half-fast.

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• No, just half baked! πŸ˜‰

Hey Roy, didn't you hear? They started another thread that was invitation-only and you and I didn't make the cut.

... just kidding...

... at least to my knowledge...

Seriously, I can't speak for everyone else, but my work is getting hectic for the moment and I've been trying to put some effort into helping people when I have time to look at the forums. I also joined Threadaholics Anonymous. We have support group meetings and give out pins. πŸ˜‰

Pins? I didn't get a pin... but... Oh damn, I didn't make the cut either? Crud.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (3/31/2009)

Crud.

[font="Verdana"]... a much under-valued database design philosophy in my books. The crux of the issues being around the "row by row" approach to changes in the database. However, if you step up to creating the procedures around business objects (such as an entire invoice, for example) rather than a line-by-line approach (so procedures for the invoice header, procedures for the invoice line, procedures for the invoice summaries) and send all of the data to the procedures in (say) XML format, then the issues with row-by-row should go away.

Yes, I'm all in favour of it.

Er... what were we talking about? :blink:

[/font]

• No, Grant... you get a Threadaholics Anonymous pin after you abstain from posting to The Thread for a whole day... then a whole week... then a whole... dangit ... now I have to give my last pin back.

Bruce, The Thread is apparently on life-support. We are trying to keep the heart beating until we can find a donor. So by all means, consider your discourse on any crud that comes to mind.

• CLEAR!

thump-thump

thump-thump

We're still going.

• Does this mean that the posts may be gettng better, or are we just showing greater tolerance for the moment??

• Lynn Pettis (3/31/2009)

Does this mean that the posts may be gettng better, or are we just showing greater tolerance for the moment??

[font="Verdana"]No, we are just holding our collective breaths until the next horrendous example arrives.

The good news is that we get to watch Yoda turn blue! :w00t:

[/font]

• Tsk Tsk, at shortly after 5 PM EST I thought it was going to be a day without "The Thread" being posted to one time. I almost posted myself but fought the urge.

I'm highly confident at this point that the thread is controlling a poster to ensure that it never dies. I'm thinking Bob Hovious or Alvin but can't be certain yet. They seem to have showed up right about the time this "thing" became alive. It may take me a while yet to pin it down but know this, I am on to it. :smooooth:

David

@SQLTentmaker

β€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Not a horrendous example, but it's late and I feel like I'm missing something here.

Possibly a "homework" question?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

[font="Verdana"]Nothing that can't be fixed with a recent copy of the Shorter Oxford Dictionary. All however many volumes of it! :-D[/font]

• Pssst, David.... it's Alvin... 😎

Bruce, I definitely got that feeling that he was looking for a magic wand to be waved for him. I got the impression he thought there was a query that could somehow find a prepopulated source list of synonyms for him. The issue is just TOO simple.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,121 through 3,135 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply