If your heart is in your dream

No request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star

As dreamers do

Fate is kind

She brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of

Their secret longing

Makes me wonder if the writers of Once Upon a Time are incorporating the ideas in these lyrics into the show. BTW, if anyone would like to read about my thoughts on the show (I pontificate about villainy):

http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/46306.html

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Koen Verbeeck (3/28/2012)

I'm already lurking for that one!

:hehe:

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

There, I've beaten both you and Brandie to it! :hehe: :w00t:

Tom

• GSquared (3/28/2012)

I can just see it now. We're going to end up with a Reality Show on The Thread: Waiting for 40k

Do you think the reality show participants will include a decimal faction for those who believe 40k is 40000 (base 10), a binary faction for those who believe 40k is 1010000000000000 (base 2), and a confused faction who think 40k is what you get for holding that key down too long?

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (3/28/2012)

GSquared (3/28/2012)

I can just see it now. We're going to end up with a Reality Show on The Thread: Waiting for 40k

Do you think the reality show participants will include a decimal faction for those who believe 40k is 40000 (base 10), a binary faction for those who believe 40k is 1010000000000000 (base 2), and a confused faction who think 40k is what you get for holding that key down too long?

Nah, that's the 40K K... and I won that last time I fell asleep on the keyboard.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

GSquared (3/28/2012)

I think there will be a faction expecting the lucky poster to end up 40K dollars / yen / whatever richer.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

GSquared (3/28/2012)

Maybe we'll start to attract lots of gamers?

Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• David Burrows (3/28/2012)

SQLRNNR (3/27/2012)

When did we start doing milestones for the 5k posts? I thought it was 10k.

A milestone is a milestone is a milestone, don't be so damn picky ๐Ÿ˜›

I only did it because Brandie mentioned it ๐Ÿ™‚

pssst! btw, don't tell anyone but Brandie wants the 40k ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brandie wants all of them.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Brandie Tarvin (3/28/2012)

L' Eomot Inversรฉ (3/28/2012)

GSquared (3/28/2012)

I think there will be a faction expecting the lucky poster to end up 40K dollars / yen / whatever richer.

Let's not forget the faction that believes 40K = 1024*40 = 40960

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (3/28/2012)

Brandie Tarvin (3/28/2012)

GSquared (3/28/2012)

Let's not forget the faction that believes 40K = 1024*40 = 40960

This is why as an American I'm against the metric system. Keep your kilometers with bad math, I have kilobytes! Silly little 1000s....

While we're at it, how the heck did England and America end up with two definitions of a ton? Wait, don't answer that today, I'm not sure I want to read the dissertation. It's a joke. ๐Ÿ˜‰

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Bad mgmt has an effect. The ends supported the means.

Sometimes, it IS personal and the only way to get the job done is going the long way around.

been there.

• Evil Kraig F (3/28/2012)

. . .

While we're at it, how the heck did England and America end up with two definitions of a ton? . . .

The British did it so they can say "Mine is bigger than yours!"

• Evil Kraig F (3/28/2012)

While we're at it, how the heck did England and America end up with two definitions of a ton? Wait, don't answer that today, I'm not sure I want to read the dissertation. It's a joke. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We didn't end up with two, we ended up with three. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

• herladygeekedness (3/28/2012)

Bad mgmt has an effect. The ends supported the means.

Sometimes, it IS personal and the only way to get the job done is going the long way around.

been there.

Sometimes the quote button is very useful, because I'm pretty sure this isn't about Craig's foul attack on the metric system ๐Ÿ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (3/28/2012)

herladygeekedness (3/28/2012)

Bad mgmt has an effect. The ends supported the means.

been there.

Sometimes the quote button is very useful, because I'm pretty sure this isn't about Craig's foul attack on the metric system ๐Ÿ™‚

Perhaps another reply to the thread title or original question

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Revenant (3/28/2012)

Evil Kraig F (3/28/2012)

. . .

While we're at it, how the heck did England and America end up with two definitions of a ton? . . .

The British did it so they can say "Mine is bigger than yours!"

Being British, you'll probably find it was the other way round since the word ton has been in use for hundreds of years.

Evil Kraig F (3/28/2012)

We didn't end up with two, we ended up with three. ๐Ÿ™‚

True. 4 or 5 if you include slang in the UK.

Viewing 15 posts - 35,041 through 35,055 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply