Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

But his constant yakking is spoiling the quite solitude of the desert. It is hard to enjoy its serenity with ugly shadow of Dataphor hanging on the horizon.

Be gone foul beast and leave me in peace!

Just stay out of his tent!!!

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (4/17/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

But his constant yakking is spoiling the quite solitude of the desert. It is hard to enjoy its serenity with ugly shadow of Dataphor hanging on the horizon.

The problem isn't me in his tent, he keeps showing up in mine!

• Time for the light saber?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• jcrawf02 (4/17/2009)

RBarryYoung (4/17/2009)

Chris Morris (4/17/2009)

RBarryYoung (4/16/2009)

john.arnott (4/16/2009)

Am I so obsessed with big round numbers that I would ...

Coincidentally, that's also how I got my first date... :w00t:

C'mon Barry ya can't just leave this one hanging! Oh wait, you're not saying she was a big round number are ya? 😛

Exactly!

No way Darth, I've seen the movie, can't fool me. You got your first date when your pedophilic girlfriend was running for her life and stopped by the junk shop you were enslaved to. 😛

Let me just say, those actors look a lot, uh, "better" than we actually did.

😛

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Jeff Moden (4/17/2009)

Kit G (4/17/2009)

It's all Al Gore's fault. Damn global warming!

Wonder if Al Gore is part of the Thread's plot to take over the world?

He must be... remember that he claimed to have invented the internet. 😛

Actually that's a myth, he never said that.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

Alvin Ramard (4/17/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

The problem isn't me in his tent, he keeps showing up in mine!

Which is exactly why the signs say "Do Not Feed The Trolls!" :w00t:

[/font]

• But sometimes you just have to get in there and beat some heads with that quarter staff. It ain't just for walking you know.

But sometimes you just have to get in there and beat some heads with that quarter staff. It ain't just for walking you know.

Which is why I could no longer stay out of the "discussion" of Barry's article. I had to beat some heads. Can I borrow that quarter staff?

I think this is why Steve, Grant, Gail, Kalen Delaney, et al, practice the martial arts. Sometimes you just need to hit/kick/throw something or someone.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (4/17/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

But sometimes you just have to get in there and beat some heads with that quarter staff. It ain't just for walking you know.

Which is why I could no longer stay out of the "discussion" of Barry's article. I had to beat some heads. Can I borrow that quarter staff?

I think this is why Steve, Grant, Gail, Kalen Delaney, et al, practice the martial arts. Sometimes you just need to hit/kick/throw something or someone.

I was in it heavy for three years, and 23 years later I can tell you that I miss it. The perfect throw, the perfect kick... Nothing can beat that high, and it is hard to attain and even harder to maintain.

That's what kept me in it back then.

• Jack Corbett (4/17/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

EXACTLY!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

I actually missed that guy earlier... wow! And what's with referring to people as old. From his profile he isn't exactly a spring chicken.

I'm impressed by him though. It's kind of hard to believe, but there is, in fact, a worse salesman than myself in the world. Pretty cool.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

I wonder if he will be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize he is in the same bucket of slop as that second contractor I just told him about when we were replacing our windows a few years ago.

Just ignore him completely. Unsubscribe and leave him to ramble to himself. He'll get bored soon enough.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (4/18/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/17/2009)

I wonder if he will be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize he is in the same bucket of slop as that second contractor I just told him about when we were replacing our windows a few years ago.

Just ignore him completely. Unsubscribe and leave him to ramble to himself. He'll get bored soon enough.

I'd love to but he keeps hijacking threads with his "product" and I totally dislike salesmen that think by disparaging the competition their product will look better instead of letting their product stand on its own merits. His hyperbola and attacks instead of here is what my product can do and how will it does it, here are some success stories where it was used to solve various business problems; have just taking me to the point I just can't seem to ignore. That's why I will refere to him as he-who-should-just-go-away.

I must admit I liked Manie and his comment.

• He'll go away if you let the thread die. He periodically comes through, posts for a few weeks, and then disappears.

Stop quoting him as well. The quote button increases the amount of times his "product" is displayed. Let that die and he'll likely see it less on any alerts he has out there.

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/18/2009)

He'll go away if you let the thread die. He periodically comes through, posts for a few weeks, and then disappears.

Stop quoting him as well. The quote button increases the amount of times his "product" is displayed. Let that die and he'll likely see it less on any alerts he has out there.

I'll try, but if he gets sarcastic again, the quarter staff is coming out...

Viewing 15 posts - 3,541 through 3,555 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply