Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (4/28/2009)

The desert is looking good again...

The White House window washer is back...

Don't forget the important rule Lynn. NO windows allowed in the desert tents!!

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• ROTFLMAO. All I could see was the commercial on TV where people started throwing candy bars at the deer!

I don't watch TV, so I have absolutely no clue what you're referencing here. But I'm glad I was able to provide some amusement and comedy out of the tragedy that is josephtran's latest attempt at SQL.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Oh my God... Not the White house guy.... Not again...

The best part I like about him is his way of saying hi...

"Hello Grass

How are you doing?"

That is class....

I am keeping way out of his threads.....:hehe:

-Roy

• Give a man a fish and he'll eat for one day...

Slap him around with a trout, and he may go away and leave you alone.

Wait around long enough and Cardinal Moden may smite him with a pork chop.

I'm hungry now. I think I'll go out to the woods and pretend to be a deer. Maybe somebody will throw a candy bar at me.

😛

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• You must cut down the largest tree in the forest, with ... a herring!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• And bring us... a shrubbery!!

NI!

Shhhhh....

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Albatross ...

• Do you know, I know that shouting doesn't help understanding, but BOY is it tempting sometimes :):hehe:

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - A.Einstein

• Albatross

I shook him off from my neck a long time ago, O Ancient Mariner. 😎

• [font="Verdana"]This morning I had an idea. After I had had a bit of a sit down to recover from that novel feeling, and to reassure myself that I'd soon return to my normal state of empty headedness, I decided to ask a question here.

That question is in regard to articles. I've read a lot of (excellent, not so excellent, occasionally funny) articles on this site, and they tend to be aimed at the technical stuff.

Is there a good range of design or data architecture articles? If so, can someone point me to them? Failing that, would they be a good topic for me to write? I'm not feeling up to the technical challenge of competing with some of the gurus here (Paul White's doing a fantastic job of representing the country!) But I do have a fair amount of experience in the design/architecture area.

Good idea, or bad?

[/font]

• Sounds like a good idea to me, Bruce.

• Go for it.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Bruce W Cassidy (4/28/2009)

[font="Verdana"]This morning I had an idea. After I had had a bit of a sit down to recover from that novel feeling, and to reassure myself that I'd soon return to my normal state of empty headedness, I decided to ask a question here.

That question is in regard to articles. I've read a lot of (excellent, not so excellent, occasionally funny) articles on this site, and they tend to be aimed at the technical stuff.

Is there a good range of design or data architecture articles? If so, can someone point me to them? Failing that, would they be a good topic for me to write? I'm not feeling up to the technical challenge of competing with some of the gurus here (Paul White's doing a fantastic job of representing the country!) But I do have a fair amount of experience in the design/architecture area.

Good idea, or bad?

[/font]

I think it's a great idea.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Bruce W Cassidy (4/28/2009)

[font="Verdana"]This morning I had an idea. After I had had a bit of a sit down to recover from that novel feeling, and to reassure myself that I'd soon return to my normal state of empty headedness, I decided to ask a question here.

Good idea, or bad?

[/font]

First, I just have to know; did it hurt?

I think it would be an awesome idea. You need to go for it!

• Bruce,

Go for it. We're always trying to get some done, and it's a struggle. Get a good series going, and it might even turn into a book!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,751 through 3,765 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply