Are the posted questions getting worse?

• I second Gails Motion. Please record it and post it somewhere where we the less fortunate can listen. 🙂

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/12/2009)

I second Gails Motion. Please record it and post it somewhere where we the less fortunate can listen. 🙂

Depending on the voice, those who get to hear it may BE the less forunate:-D

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Alvin Ramard (5/12/2009)

You can sing that at our next meeting, next week.

Send me a link when it's online!

• Florian Reischl (5/12/2009)

Alvin Ramard (5/12/2009)

You can sing that at our next meeting, next week.

Send me a link when it's online!

Might not like this idea, but make it a video and put it on YouTube.

• I guess I need to get my hands on a good camera. I don't think my cell phone will be good enough.

And now, live from the Memphis PASS Chapter meeting, heeeeeeeeeeeere's Bob Hovious.

Bob

Bob .......

Bob???

BOB!!!!!

Where are you Bob?

Computer, locate Bob Hovious.

:w00t:

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• That's a must for YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

And now, live from the Memphis PASS Chapter meeting, heeeeeeeeeeeere's Bob Hovious.

Bob

Bob .......

Bob???

BOB!!!!!

Where are you Bob?

<Computer voice>

Bob Hovious is not within sensor range.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Captain, Our Sensors are picking a strange energy level just outside the hull of the ship...

-Roy

• Ohh, I want video for the podcasts

• GilaMonster (5/12/2009)

Alvin Ramard (5/12/2009)

Bob

Bob .......

Bob???

BOB!!!!!

Where are you Bob?

<Computer voice>

Bob Hovious is not within sensor range.

Is that Bob Klinging On?

(pun intended!)

😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I am into my 1000 + posts. So as per some people I am a Guru... Buahahahahahahahah

:hehe:

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/12/2009)

I am into my 1000 + posts. So as per some people I am a Guru... Buahahahahahahahah

:hehe:

Congrats and welcome to gurudom.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thank you Thank you.... 🙂

I wish I was even 50% as good as some of you folks are...:-)

-Roy

I guess I need to get my hands on a good camera. I don't think my cell phone will be good enough.

Bob

Bob .......

Bob???

BOB!!!!!

Where are you Bob?

:w00t:

Last known location SSC. Exact coordinates unclear. Seems like an instrument problem :w00t:.

Anyhow. I've really never been a fan of SciFi movies, more into books, and then the classics only. When I was an early teenager I started with Jules Verne's Journey to the Moon, Journey to the Centre of Earth, Around the World in 80 days, the whole series with Captain Nemo and the Mysterious Island. This guy really had imagination back in the 1800's. Next favourite would have been Arthur C. Clarke. Having picked up 2001 at a public library in my teens long before the movie came out, the movie turned out a real disappointment in my opinion. And then Orwell's 1984, which I also picked by fluke in my early teenage days, long before our German teacher pointed us towards it. The Asimov stories were always fun to read as well, shame he's no longer with us. And some stuff that's not really SciFi, but related would be some of Franz Kafka's books. Difficult to read though, definitely in German, haven't attempted to read English versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• (warps in)

You know I love the ladies: silver, gold, blue or green,

Hot pink, fluorescent purple, and some shades in between.

I charm them and disarm them, if you know what I mean.

But if they want commitment, then I just split the scene.

Quick!! Beam me up, Scotty!!

(warps out, warning of more to come)

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply