Are the posted questions getting worse?

• OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.

😀

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)

OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.

😀

See what starting SQLSaturday did to you?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (4/16/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)

OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.

😀

Always nice to get a break from the chaos.

We'll be easy on you. 😀

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)

Ed Wagner (4/14/2014)

I know there are many crazy stories about the weather from this year all over the world, but I have to share today's crazy forecast.

In Michigan, we're at 71 F now with winds at 23 MPH. Rain arrives later this morning. One inch of snow tonight and a low of 28 F. It was beautiful this past weekend and now we're at 71 F with snow tonight! It doesn't do this here very often. In spite of this unusually cold and snowy winter, I'm sure everyone will instantaneously forget how to drive at some point today or overnight. :w00t:

Sat in Denver it was 70F. I was out walking the dogs in shorts and a long sleeve T (I little windy). Sun I left and it was 35F and raining, with 6-10" of snow coming.

Your dog wears shorts? That just brought up a funny image in my head. 😀

Tom

• Greg Edwards-268690 (4/16/2014)

WayneS (4/16/2014)

😀

We'll be easy on you. 😀

I'll give you two weeks Steve!

Rodders...

• Anyone with a better grasp of partitioning and locking can chime in on this one?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1562552-391-1.aspx

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• WayneS (4/16/2014)

😀

Indeed, though I think all of you that go, attending or speaking, are partially to blame for making it so popular.

• rodjkidd (4/17/2014)

Greg Edwards-268690 (4/16/2014)

WayneS (4/16/2014)

😀

We'll be easy on you. 😀

I'll give you two weeks Steve!

Rodders...

Ha! surgery next week and then I'm out of any flights for a month no matter what. Sad that I have to skip TechEd after I was selected to speak :(.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/17/2014)

WayneS (4/16/2014)

😀

Indeed, though I think all of you that go, attending or speaking, are partially to blame for making it so popular.

Spread the blame....

Hope all goes well and recovery goes smoothly.

Buddy of mine just had hip replacement, and sounds like he may be back to the tennis court in 3 weeks.

Just hope he doesn't overdo it.

Too much instinctive reactions for me to ever think about that much so soon after something like that.

Especially as we tend to be somewhat competitive.....

So ease back into things, please.

• Greg Edwards-268690 (4/17/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/17/2014)

WayneS (4/16/2014)

😀

Spread the blame....

Hope all goes well and recovery goes smoothly.

Buddy of mine just had hip replacement, and sounds like he may be back to the tennis court in 3 weeks.

Just hope he doesn't overdo it.

Too much instinctive reactions for me to ever think about that much so soon after something like that.

Especially as we tend to be somewhat competitive.....

So ease back into things, please.

A friend of mine got a new hip and was down for 2 months. Aside from the occasional trip, he works from home on a computer, so it was no problem for work, but he was taken down hard. Steve, take the time to heal and get back into things slowly. I know getting outside with the kids is great, especially now that spring is here, but the time spent healing now will prevent more time lost later.

I hope all goes well in your surgery.

• It is amazing what crap advice people (Gail NOT included) give to others when they ask for help regarding suspect databases.

• Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

It is amazing what crap advice people (Gail NOT included) give to others when they ask for help regarding suspect databases.

I particularly like the fact that the thread was 6 years old.

And why it went suspect was key to how to plan recovery.

I wonder if a check engine light comes on, if some of them just pull the motor and get one out of a junk yard as a first attempt to fix? 🙂

Steve -

Although attention to details is part of or job, I wonder if something could be done at some time to at least pop up a message that the thread is so old when someone goes to reply.

Hate to see something that old churning up that kind of advice.

Especially on top of the correct starting point.

Hope everyone enjoys the Holiday weekend, if it is one they celebrate.

• Greg Edwards-268690 (4/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

It is amazing what crap advice people (Gail NOT included) give to others when they ask for help regarding suspect databases.

I wonder if a check engine light comes on, if some of them just pull the motor and get one out of a junk yard as a first attempt to fix? 🙂

Steve -

Although attention to details is part of or job, I wonder if something could be done at some time to at least pop up a message that the thread is so old when someone goes to reply.

Check Engine Light? First stop is AutoZone to have them tell me what the problem is. Costs me nothing at that point.

• Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

Greg Edwards-268690 (4/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

Steve -

Check Engine Light? First stop is AutoZone to have them tell me what the problem is. Costs me nothing at that point.

Why wouldn't you just go change all your tires and gas tank for that?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (4/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

Greg Edwards-268690 (4/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (4/19/2014)

Steve -

Why wouldn't you just go change all your tires and gas tank for that?

Had a car once that got 50 MPG, at one point the car was down to getting only 40 MPG, solution? Replaced the original spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap and miraculously the car went back to 50 MPG. Of course I did this at 105,521 miles on the car.

Viewing 15 posts - 43,711 through 43,725 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply