Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Grant Fritchey (5/27/2009)

GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, however it's ramping up to the busy time of the year, TechEd in Aug and PASS in Nov, and usually work picks up massively just after TechEd. Plus there's a 'project' I'm involved in that's going to suck up a fair bit of July.

Assuming someone else doesn't take it on (Gus, Paul, Jeff), after November I might consider trying to help a bit. I'm not sure I've got the level of knowledge required, but I'm crazy enough to try anyway.

I'll certainly give it a shot. The research and such should be interesting.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (5/27/2009)

Grant Fritchey (5/27/2009)

GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, however it's ramping up to the busy time of the year, TechEd in Aug and PASS in Nov, and usually work picks up massively just after TechEd. Plus there's a 'project' I'm involved in that's going to suck up a fair bit of July.

Assuming someone else doesn't take it on (Gus, Paul, Jeff), after November I might consider trying to help a bit. I'm not sure I've got the level of knowledge required, but I'm crazy enough to try anyway.

I'll certainly give it a shot. The research and such should be interesting.

I'd give it a shot also, I just don't know where to start. Writing a book is a major undertaking and needs a good plan to make it happen.

• I have an outline and structure in mind. Now it's a matter of fleshing it out. Won't be immediate, but should be fast.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• @Lynn:

Congratulation for 7k points! 🙂

• And as much as I can, I'll volunteer to proofread the book. With the high level technical stuff, you'll be on your own on that one as I am not up spotting errors in code samples, but for the English grammar stuff, that I can handle. If you do something like:

select top 5

from dbo.sampletable

there's a decent chance I'll notice you're missing field names or the "*" from that (select top 5 *), but much more than that... probably not.

-- Kit

• If you (ya'll) want to write a book together or separately, Tony Davis of Simple-Talk is always looking for some to use in promotions. He has gotten them in print as well after a few months, and Red Gate will pay a few thousand for the effort. Contact him.

• Florian Reischl (5/27/2009)

@Lynn:

Thanks! 😉

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/27/2009)

If you (ya'll) want to write a book together or separately, Tony Davis of Simple-Talk is always looking for some to use in promotions.

I'd love to do a book on indexing. Time may just be a bit of a constraint later this year.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GSquared (5/27/2009)

I have an outline and structure in mind. Now it's a matter of fleshing it out. Won't be immediate, but should be fast.

If there is anything you need help with like research, code testing, etc, I'd be glad and help. I think it would be valuable experience for me.

• Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

GSquared (5/27/2009)

I have an outline and structure in mind. Now it's a matter of fleshing it out. Won't be immediate, but should be fast.

If there is anything you need help with like research, code testing, etc, I'd be glad and help. I think it would be valuable experience for me.

I too volunteer for that part. Research and Code testing is good for me too... 🙂

Lynn Congrats... 🙂

-Roy

• Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

Florian Reischl (5/27/2009)

@Lynn:

Thanks! 😉

Yeah, congrats. Noticed that you were top of the 'most frequent posters' list yesterday.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Thanks Roy and Gail. Guess being at the top for the last 30 days didn't last long though.

• You're still second, and top looks like someone going through and answering multiple QotD

Gail Shaw

• Roy Ernest (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

GSquared (5/27/2009)

I too volunteer for that part. Research and Code testing is good for me too... 🙂

Lynn Congrats... 🙂

Not sure if I could add anything on the subject of indexing, however you can have my services for proof reading, code checking, und so weiter.

• Hard to stay in the top 5. Someone can answer a few hundred questions in a couple days and get up there.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,921 through 4,935 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply