Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Alvin Ramard (6/1/2009)

GilaMonster (6/1/2009)

Can't even read the article with free membership. Oh well.

I ran into the same problem. The whole paid membership thing is the main reason why I don't bother with SSWUG.

Same here.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I'm verifying when I can republish the articles. Once I have a definative answer, I'll see about sending the articles to Steve to be republished here on SSC (unpaid of course Steve, since I will have been paid by sswug.org for the articles already). If I read the fine print correctly it is based on the date submitted to sswug.org not the date published. This would mean I could get them to Steve for republishing as early as 8/13/2009.

Note: I got a free month's membership since I wrote two published articles in a month. To keep that going I have to keep writing 2 published articles a month. Well, it is something to work for, I guess. Need to get to work if I want to keep my free membership going...

• Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Great. I guess I can read them because their my articles, becuase I sure as heck didn't pay for a membership. Why pay for something I can get free here at SSC?

Well, I was trying to help out Chris Shaw by writing a few articles for him (plus, I have to be honest, I was a bit mercenary here I needed the extra money). I can't publish the articles else where until August or September (120 days after submission to sswug.org).

My Tally Table artice is getting a very good rating at the moment, 2 views and 1 vote with a rating of 1.00. the other article has had 407 hits in a week, no votes so has a rating of 0.00.

Sorry guys and gals.

Oh no. Now you did it. Because I went there and logged in, someone noticed. I just got an email asking me to come back and be a member again. I blame you if my spam rate goes up. 😛

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Steve Jones - Editor (6/1/2009)

I have a few people a year sending me email for refunds for SSWUG. Apparently they get upset when SSWUG links to me.

You've linked to sswug.org on occasion, should we get upset about that?? Some people, ran in to a couple of people like that at the AYSO Tri-States Games Soccer Tournament in North Platte, NE this weekend.

One team wanted another team to forfeit their games on Saturday because they didn't have "official AYSO" uniforms. They wore white t-shirts with player numbers written on the back in magic marker. They were a last minute addition to the tournament, and had only 2 weeks to get ready. Oh, their team name was "Whitie Tighties". I thought it was cute, and they were a good a team. They took 4th place overall.

• Grant Fritchey (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Great. I guess I can read them because their my articles, becuase I sure as heck didn't pay for a membership. Why pay for something I can get free here at SSC?

Well, I was trying to help out Chris Shaw by writing a few articles for him (plus, I have to be honest, I was a bit mercenary here I needed the extra money). I can't publish the articles else where until August or September (120 days after submission to sswug.org).

My Tally Table artice is getting a very good rating at the moment, 2 views and 1 vote with a rating of 1.00. the other article has had 407 hits in a week, no votes so has a rating of 0.00.

Sorry guys and gals.

Oh no. Now you did it. Because I went there and logged in, someone noticed. I just got an email asking me to come back and be a member again. I blame you if my spam rate goes up. 😛

Sorry, I'll get the wet noodles ready. Is 100 lashes good enough? :w00t:

• Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Grant Fritchey (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

Not even close. First round is on you. So there. Take that!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

Is it just me, or has Grant become a man of very few words?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

:unsure:

• Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

Post the articles in SQL Server Central. 🙂

Gaby

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

You and I both, evidently. Odd how it place my statement up in the quoted material. It'll be interesting to see what happens to this one.

What I said was:

• Hi, I really need a job, can you fill out this questionaire for me?

I assume the place hiring him isn't smart enough to do a Google search on his name or even a search on the questions they ask?

• Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

Heh... me too. How do you like your pork chops done, Lynn? 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/1/2009)

Sorry guys and gals.

Heh... me too. How do you like your pork chops done, Lynn? 😀

So, is the quote button taking over the Thread?

As a test, I hit "Preview" and the quote and my question looked OK. Just typed this paragraph and will now hit "Post..."

--edit: corrected "not hit..." to "now hit...".

• I'd like to whack the Quote button. It gets a little crazy at times.

I edit mine down to just the person I'm quoting.

• Steve Jones - Editor (6/1/2009)

I'd like to whack the Quote button. It gets a little crazy at times.

I edit mine down to just the person I'm quoting.

I find that refreshing the page just before clicking on the Quote button helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,176 through 5,190 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply