Are the posted questions getting worse?

• jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

I was thinking Rey, Finn and Kylo. They obviously need a villain figure, but the idea of an emo Dark Lord who has no control of his emotions and is therefore wild and unpredictable, and making him the son of Han and Leia, was an inspired move IMO. I loved every second those three were on the screen.

A dark millennial whiny kid? Kylo has been the worst character so far imho. I'm not getting my way, wah wah. I'm gonna throw a 2yr old style tantrum.

Huge star wars fan and I think Disney did a huge dis-service to the series. Worst one yet. That said, Rogue One looks about a hundred times better so there is hope for the future of SW at Disney.

I will also add that this one was really just Episode IV done all over again and poorly done at that.

The sith lord is Supreme Leader Snoke and suspected to be Darth Plagueis (the one that can create life from death according to Darth Sidious - the apprentice of Plagueis).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

I was thinking Rey, Finn and Kylo. They obviously need a villain figure, but the idea of an emo Dark Lord who has no control of his emotions and is therefore wild and unpredictable, and making him the son of Han and Leia, was an inspired move IMO. I loved every second those three were on the screen.

A dark millennial whiny kid? Kylo has been the worst character so far imho. I'm not getting my way, wah wah. I'm gonna throw a 2yr old style tantrum.

Huge star wars fan and I think Disney did a huge dis-service to the series. Worst one yet. That said, Rogue One looks about a hundred times better so there is hope for the future of SW at Disney.

I will also add that this one was really just Episode IV done all over again and poorly done at that.

The sith lord is Supreme Leader Snoke and suspected to be Darth Plagueis (the one that can create life from death according to Darth Sidious - the apprentice of Plagueis).

Ah, see, now I think that this is intentional on their part, to make him have the maturity of a child. For someone to have that much power and no maturity, almost makes them more frightening than a controlled and rational Vader. You have no idea what you will be getting.

The Epi IV redux has been hashed to death and going over it again will add nothing, but I will just say that I see why they did it, that it was deliberate and it achieved their goal. Whether it was successful will depend upon what they do in VIII. They cleared the decks to be free to move on with the story, and if VIII is amazing it will be worth it. If average or worse, then I will possibly join you on the critique.

• SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

Imagine being the support person walking in after his little tantrum in front of the computer:

"...Uhm, OK.... What happened here? You know warranty won't cover this? Were the backups run last night?"

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (4/26/2016)

SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

Imagine being the support person walking in after his little tantrum in front of the computer:

"...Uhm, OK.... What happened here? You know warranty won't cover this? Were the backups run last night?"

Um...reboot the computer? (pun intended "series reboot").

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

Ditto and I'll only make one comment on the film, it was S###t

😎

• Speaking of Kylo throwing a tantrum...

https://youtu.be/s74breoNAKc

SELECT quote FROM brain WHERE original = 1
    0 rows returned

• yb751 (4/26/2016)

Speaking of Kylo throwing a tantrum...

https://youtu.be/s74breoNAKc

Best Kylo Ren Twitter account ever.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Eirikur Eiriksson (4/26/2016)

Ditto and I'll only make one comment on the film, my opinion is that it was S###t

😎

Fixed that for you. 🙂

I loved it. A lot of other people loved it too. You (and others) are welcome to hate it for reasons, that doesn't mean that everyone does or should hate it or that it's universally terrible and without merit.

I liked the choice of Kylo's character. We've seen way too many 'evil and intentionally so and will destroy/rule the galaxy because I can' bad guys. I like the 'evil' character who's following a bad example for really poor reasons. I'm going to be interested to see how the character develops.

Now if he stays whiny and immature for the next two movies, that'll be a disappointment.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • rodjkidd (4/26/2016)

Oh this time next week I should be in Liverpool...

Rodders...

See you there, and...

you have a car? I thought everyone in the UK just used trains.

• SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

If it is Plagueis it'll be a very nice connection.

If you haven't read the (now non-canon) book Darth Plagueis, do so. It's a fascinating story of Sidious's apprenticeship under Plagueis. Gives a much wider view into Sideous's machinations than the prequels did.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

jeff.mason (4/26/2016)

Ah, see, now I think that this is intentional on their part, to make him have the maturity of a child. For someone to have that much power and no maturity, almost makes them more frightening than a controlled and rational Vader. You have no idea what you will be getting.

The Epi IV redux has been hashed to death and going over it again will add nothing, but I will just say that I see why they did it, that it was deliberate and it achieved their goal. Whether it was successful will depend upon what they do in VIII. They cleared the decks to be free to move on with the story, and if VIII is amazing it will be worth it. If average or worse, then I will possibly join you on the critique.

I could see that I guess. On the other hand why not try something a little more original? Rumor has it that Lucas was pretty disappointed by the direction as well.

Here's a little more on Snoke:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snoke

I half wonder if Snoke was a quiet actor within the "Prophets of the Dark Side" faction that Palpatine had secretly introduced into the empire.

Learn Extended Events

• GilaMonster (4/26/2016)

Eirikur Eiriksson (4/26/2016)

Ditto and I'll only make one comment on the film, my opinion is that it was S###t

😎

Fixed that for you. 🙂

I loved it. A lot of other people loved it too. You (and others) are welcome to hate it for reasons, that doesn't mean that everyone does or should hate it or that it's universally terrible and without merit.

I liked the choice of Kylo's character. We've seen way too many 'evil and intentionally so and will destroy/rule the galaxy because I can' bad guys. I like the 'evil' character who's following a bad example for really poor reasons. I'm going to be interested to see how the character develops.

Now if he stays whiny and immature for the next two movies, that'll be a disappointment.

Exactly on that last sentence. My approval for the film is contingent on them fulfilling the promise I think they are implicitly making in this series.

SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

If it is Plagueis it'll be a very nice connection.

If you haven't read the (now non-canon) book Darth Plagueis, do so. It's a fascinating story of Sidious's apprenticeship under Plagueis. Gives a much wider view into Sideous's machinations than the prequels did.

I think I will because that connection has my interest piqued.

Learn Extended Events

Eirikur Eiriksson (4/26/2016)

😎

Fixed that for you. 🙂

Didn't love the movie, didn't hate it. My son and I walked out in Dec both thinking "meh". I thought the writing was average and they tried to push too much into the film. Some of the timing with them hiking around the death star thing, but then racing out somehow was a bit overdone.

Anxious to see where they take things.

• SQLRNNR (4/26/2016)

On the other hand why not try something a little more original?

Nostalgia, among other things. Reassuring audience that they're returning to the 'classic' Star Wars, not following the style in the prequels. Similar enough to A New Hope to be familiar and comfortable, different enough not to be a reboot. But they need to move in a different direction from here. Kylo's arc cannot be the same as Vader's, they're not set up the same way, they cannot play out the same way.

Rumor has it that Lucas was pretty disappointed by the direction as well.

Considering how his vision of the prequels turned out, I'm kinda happy with his disappointment tbh.

Gail Shaw

Viewing 15 posts - 53,761 through 53,775 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply