Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - Editor (6/9/2009)

LOL, how did I typo that? Keys are on different sides of the keyboard, different hands, I must have been tired.

The majority of my thread notifications were from this thread last night, and I posted as I was falling asleep, apparently.

Glad it's only 10 of you that will likely see that one :w00t:

11 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bite-sized fiction (with added teeth) [/url]

• Alvin Ramard (6/9/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Okay, I must be in pissy mood today and I have NO idea why. I just lmgtfy twice in the same thread...

I don't think that's a sign of a pissy mood.

I think it needed to be done.

Still, I could have been more "saintly" and written something more like Scott posted after my second lmgtfy post.

• Regarding the "Smurf" posts:

Did anybody ever figured out, what color a smurf turns into if he gets strangled?

(Just had to warm up that old joke...) 😀

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Okay, I must be in pissy mood today and I have NO idea why. I just lmgtfy twice in the same thread...

Which tread? I must bear witness to this rarity. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (6/9/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Which tread? I must bear witness to this rarity. 😀

here

• I didn't think that was bad, a little short, but not bad.

• I think Lynn feels bad because he is doing something different this time. Instead of trying to explain the whole thing, he is just helping the OP to do the search.... :hehe:

-Roy

• Trust me Lynn, there are many that would not have answered as politely as you did.

😎

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Just seems a bit out of my usual SSC character. I'm usually the one trying to everything I can to help people and then I lmgtfy twice in one thread?? The first one, I feel, wasn't as blantant as the second one; but still.

• Gee Barry

RBarryYoung (6/9/2009) Big-O notation categorizes an algorithm's complexity in terms of the dominant term (without any constant factors) of its execution run-time as a function of the length of its input data("N"), as N approaches infinity.

I had to read that a couple times to get the meaning. :hehe:

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Just seems a bit out of my usual SSC character. I'm usually the one trying to everything I can to help people and then I lmgtfy twice in one thread?? The first one, I feel, wasn't as blantant as the second one; but still.

Well, then, no roleplay exp for you!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• He is obviously new to SQL Server and really needs to start doing some research instead of asking such broad based questions like this one.

• GSquared (6/9/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Just seems a bit out of my usual SSC character. I'm usually the one trying to everything I can to help people and then I lmgtfy twice in one thread?? The first one, I feel, wasn't as blantant as the second one; but still.

Well, then, no roleplay exp for you!

Ah, shucks. Well, not everyone can stay in character all the time. I've had a paladin fall, and it was actually fun.

• Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

He is obviously new to SQL Server and really needs to start doing some research instead of asking such broad based questions like this one.

But then again, I could be wrong...

• Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/9/2009)

He is obviously new to SQL Server and really needs to start doing some research instead of asking such broad based questions like this one.

But then again, I could be wrong...

I don't think you're wrong Lynn. Look at his 2 posts in that thread and it really sounds he lacks basic knowledge about what he's asking.

I might feel differently if he had mentioned SSL in the second post.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 5,506 through 5,520 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply