Are the posted questions getting worse?

• LOL... I got my post count high...:hehe:

-Roy

• Roy,

That was like watching The Sixth Sense, only geekier, and without the creepy little kid.:w00t:

I guess you could actually equate the OPs with ghosts. Stuck here until their issues are resolved, then they are free to move on...

Goes that make Gail, Grant, Jeff and the others Ghostbusters?

(Way too much coffee today, sorry)

And then again, I might be wrong ...
    David Webb

• Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

Today I actually felt that I am invincible or totally ignored. It was as if I was a ghost... 😛

Hey, I wasn't ignoring you Roy. 😉

I think it was more that posts were flying. I think the post where i was quoted, you should have been, but the QUOTE BUTTON bug grabbed mine instead. Rereading that post, your comment makes more sense than mine. :w00t:

I didn't even catch your posts intitially until I was testing db_reader/db_writer and executing stored procs. I wanted to be sure the info I gave was accurate at that point.

• I ain't singing and I ain't dancing, but I will take one of those particle accelator things please.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• David, That was funny... Gail, Grant, Lynn, Jeff, GSquared and all of you the Ghost busters... :hehe:

Lynn, you were posting at break neck speed today.. Jumping one forum to the other... You are on fire today...:-D

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

David, That was funny... Gail, Grant, Lynn, Jeff, GSquared and all of you the Ghost busters... :hehe:

Lynn, you were posting at break neck speed today.. Jumping one forum to the other... You are on fire today...:-D

Bored here at work today. I have things to do, but just can't get motivated.

• Same with me Lynn, Same with me. I am supposed to be writing out a Document/Presentation explaining to the Business owners and Stake holders what they will gain by moving our main DB to 2008 in 64 Bit Data center edition 2008 OS. And also the plan of action

I just dont feel like typing a single word today on that doc.

-Roy

• Lynn Pettis (6/30/2009)

Glad I'm not the only one that happens to. I'm in .NET today trying to understand how my co-worker is doing things. I much prefer SQL, of course that means I probably put too much in SQL.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• john.arnott (6/30/2009)

3NF-Boy got me ROFL with this response:w00t:. I can't wait to see Gus's answer. 😉

No more waiting required. Let me know if I overdid it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

john.arnott (6/30/2009)

3NF-Boy got me ROFL with this response:w00t:. I can't wait to see Gus's answer. 😉

Were you an English teacher in a past life?? 😉

• So I assumed, and was apparently incorrect in that. (I hope this wasn't obfuscatory. I'm trying to be as precise as possible here, and am now assuming singular English literacy.)

That was pretty good.....:-D

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

So I assumed, and was apparently incorrect in that. (I hope this wasn't obfuscatory. I'm trying to be as precise as possible here, and am now assuming singular English literacy.)

That was pretty good.....:-D

Glad you liked it.

English is one of the most complex languages in the world. People who take the time and effort to become fluent in it as a second language, are taking on a large challenge, especially as adults, and I have great admiration for those who manage to accomplish that.

But when I see something like that post, and then a claim that English is the primary language, all I can think of is Prof Henry Higgins lamenting the abuses the language takes from those who should know better. "Why can't the English learn to speak?" is the particular song that comes to mind, of course. (Anyone not following me on this one? It's a reference to "My Fair Lady[/url]", one of the best movies ever made.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Jack Corbett (6/30/2009)

Lynn Pettis (6/30/2009)

Glad I'm not the only one that happens to. I'm in .NET today trying to understand how my co-worker is doing things. I much prefer SQL, of course that means I probably put too much in SQL.

If you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

@All the other inhabitants of The Thread 😀

Sorry for being a bit quiet last days, but I'm a little bit stressed these days (looking for a new car...)

Greets to everybody in Thread-World

Flo

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

john.arnott (6/30/2009)

Oh my, I think I need a dictionary again 😉

j/k

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (6/30/2009)

GSquared (6/30/2009)

john.arnott (6/30/2009)

Oh my, I think I need a dictionary again 😉

j/k

My abilities in lexiphanicism are singularly singular, are they not? I'm capable of a highly affected, albeit effective, vocabulary, when I wish to effect the effect of lexicographicolatry.

(I had to check the spelling on one of those. I feel so out of practice on this kind of thing! 🙂 )

Property of The Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 6,271 through 6,285 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply