Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Kit G (6/30/2009)

thanks for the info Kit!

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2009)

Crystal ball needed here as well...

The OP is using Navision. Case closed. 😎

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

I read and mostly understood Frank Herbert's "Dune" when I was seven. I've been playing with the English language ever since, and it's quite a toy! Not many can match my vocabulary.

Very well! Looks like I found the right person to ask for a look at my English in the article I'm writing!:-)

... if I ever come to an end!! I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Bruce W Cassidy (6/30/2009)

[font="Verdana"]Welcome to the department of redundancy department.[/font]

Welcome to the department of redundancy department.

• jcrawf02 (6/30/2009)

Gaby, jcrawf42 - thanks for the info!

Wayne

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    Performance Problems

• Paul White (6/30/2009)

Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2009)

Crystal ball needed here as well...

The OP is using Navision. Case closed. 😎

Could "Install SAP" be an answer?:-D

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Paul White (6/30/2009)

WayneS (6/29/2009)

Hey gang... I'm looking to take "She who must be obeyed" (in this case, both my wife and mother... )

When I first read that, it sounded like you married your mother :w00t: :hehe:

LOL. cute. I meant to type it as plural... I can see how you got that impression.

Wayne

Links:
    Performance Problems

I dare you 🙂

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

GilaMonster (6/30/2009)

GSquared (6/30/2009)

My abilities in lexiphanicism are singularly singular, are they not? I'm capable of a highly affected, albeit effective, vocabulary, when I wish to effect the effect of lexicographicolatry.

And my acquaintances remonstrate on my sporadic employ of excessively complex vocabulary.....

Exactly!

Edit:

My cohorts lament

My lexical extent

Whilst I delite

In every bite

Of hypervocabularic bent

(Okay, stop me now. I'm having WAY too much fun with this!)

Your vocabulary is unrivaled,

Oh this cannot be denied.

Your words however to write,

Are "delight" and not "delite".

Okay, so I'm having too much fun as well. My apologies for the poem, I just couldn't resist although I'm a bit rusty at it.

-- Kit

[font="Verdana"]I'm not sure I want to know the question...[/font]

I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

Hey, Wonderful news.... 🙂 Congratulations...Hope everything goes fine... 🙂 My eldest one is a girl as well... I can still remember when I drove crazy when my wife asked me to step on the gas because the time has come...lol

-Roy

• Bruce W Cassidy (6/30/2009)

GSquared (6/30/2009)

My abilities in lexiphanicism are singularly singular, are they not?

[font="Verdana"]Welcome to the department of redundancy department.[/font]

"Singularly singular" is actually a non-redundant, valid phrase.

"Singular" = striking, shocking or admirable

also

"Singular" = beyond or deviating from the usual or expected

thus

"Singularly singular" = beyond or deviating from the usual in a striking way; shockingly unusual; admirably unique

Thus, not technically redundant. (Yeah, someone should have restrained me. Still enjoying this more than should be allowed!)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)[hrIf you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

My sympathies are extended to you...

Wayne

Links:
    Performance Problems

GSquared (6/30/2009)

I read and mostly understood Frank Herbert's "Dune" when I was seven. I've been playing with the English language ever since, and it's quite a toy! Not many can match my vocabulary.

Very well! Looks like I found the right person to ask for a look at my English in the article I'm writing!:-)

... if I ever come to an end!! I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

I spent four years as a professional editor, including two as lead editor. So, yeah. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• WayneS (6/30/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)If you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

My sympathies are extended to you...

I'm not sure if I got you.

[ ] You are a .NET developer, too

[ ] You need help with .NET, too

[ ] You hate these things and put me on

Please mark with "X"

😛

Viewing 15 posts - 6,301 through 6,315 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply