Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2009)

... if I ever come to an end!! I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

My congratulations as well! All three of mine are girls, and my oldest just graduated from High School will be entering the Army at the end of July.

The middle one will be a sophmore in High School this coming school year and my youngest is going into 6th grade. Amazing how time flies when you have kids!!

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2009)

GSquared (6/30/2009)

I read and mostly understood Frank Herbert's "Dune" when I was seven. I've been playing with the English language ever since, and it's quite a toy! Not many can match my vocabulary.

Very well! Looks like I found the right person to ask for a look at my English in the article I'm writing!:-)

... if I ever come to an end!! I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

I spent four years as a professional editor, including two as lead editor. So, yeah. 🙂

Thank you very much, Gus!

I was only joking, but, since you're "volounteering" I would be mad if I refused!

I think I will take it to my mother (she's Scottish) for a first look, but she's a bit out of the tech world, so I think she would end up correcting technical words...

Anyway thanks again, it's one more reason to work hard on it!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thanks everybody, I hope everything goes fine!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Paul White (6/30/2009)

No doubt all issues are fixed in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 😀

LOL!!! :-D:-D:-P:-D

-- Gianluca Sartori

• GSquared (6/30/2009)

GilaMonster (6/30/2009)

GSquared (6/30/2009)

john.arnott (6/30/2009)

3NF-Boy got me ROFL with this response:w00t:. I can't wait to see Gus's answer. 😉

No more waiting required. Let me know if I overdid it.

Oh my, I think I need a dictionary again 😉

j/k

My abilities in lexiphanicism are singularly singular, are they not? I'm capable of a highly affected, albeit effective, vocabulary, when I wish to effect the effect of lexicographicolatry.

(I had to check the spelling on one of those. I feel so out of practice on this kind of thing! 🙂 )

English, dude. Speak English.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

GSquared (6/30/2009)

I read and mostly understood Frank Herbert's "Dune" when I was seven. I've been playing with the English language ever since, and it's quite a toy! Not many can match my vocabulary.

Very well! Looks like I found the right person to ask for a look at my English in the article I'm writing!:-)

Congratulations. That's wonderful. I have one of each. As a matter of fact, I need to get dressed for going to Scouts with my son.

BTW, remember, friends help you hide the body. Sayings for the young men that come to visit:

I've got 15 acres and a shovel, they'll never find the body.

Anything you do to her... I'm going to do to you...

You make her cry, I make you cry

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (6/30/2009)

English, dude. Speak English.

[font="Verdana"]Perhaps we should make a point of following things like the international pirate week, or star wars day, and answer all questions in appropriate language?

(Hmmm, would changing the batch separator from "go" to "arrr!" work?)

I'm not sure there's an international surfer dude speak week though.

[/font]

I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

Congratulations! Your life will be not only busier, but completely different in a milliion wonderful ways. Best of luck to you and your wife.

I'm quite busy in these days and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

Congratulations! Your life will be not only busier, but completely different in a milliion wonderful ways. Best of luck to you and your wife.

• Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)

WayneS (6/30/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)If you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

My sympathies are extended to you...

I'm not sure if I got you.

[ ] You are a .NET developer, too

[ ] You need help with .NET, too

[ ] You hate these things and put me on

Please mark with "X"

😛

Well Flo, I guess that wasn't a very good pun. I've been a developer for 20+ years, so I feel for all developers. I have spent some time in .net, but I'm more interested in SQL than learning yet another programming methodology, which is just going to change again in just a few years (no crystal ball here, just based on historical trends... everything evolves to become too complicated, only to have something else pop up that is the new hot thing that all programmers need to know). I'm just getting too tired of trying to keep up with everything while producing top notch code at the same time. 24 hrs a day just isn't enough for all of that anymore.

You could say that a lot of this applies to SQL also, but (IMO), SQL is just one thing to keep up with. As a developer, you need to keep up with SQL as well as various programming technologies.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Lynn Pettis (6/30/2009)

Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

Bored here at work today. I have things to do, but just can't get motivated.

Welcome to my world :blink:

Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

I can hold m ground in English but I am not coming anywhere near you Gus.... 😛

Can anyone 😉

GSquared (6/30/2009)

Roy Ernest (6/30/2009)

I read and mostly understood Frank Herbert's "Dune" when I was seven.

Love the Dune books and still do. Had trouble with the later books real surreal :hehe:

Lynn Pettis (6/30/2009)

Don't know about you, but mine seems to be permanently cloudy.

Mine looks like a bottle of beer....

Damn it is a bottle of beer :crazy:

Sorry, crystal ball's broken and the rain-water natural-stone scrying bowl is dry until the summer rains.

I'll try reading the tea leaves (or the coffee grounds)

Nah, got my Voodoo doll and the pins at the ready... beats a Pork Chop any day 😛

WayneS (6/30/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)[hrIf you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

Below the belt Wayne... way way below :angry:

Lynn Pettis (6/30/2009)

Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2009)

My congratulations as well! All three of mine are girls, and my oldest just graduated from High School will be entering the Army at the end of July.

The middle one will be a sophmore in High School this coming school year and my youngest is going into 6th grade. Amazing how time flies when you have kids!!

Add my congrats and best wishes 😀

Two boys, my eldest is at uni doing Phd my youngest at home with missus

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

... and tomorrow I'm taking my wife to the hospital for the birth of my first daughter: I think I'll be even busier from now on!!

Congratulations! I have to admit that I always wanted a daughter myself, but will have to settle for the two boys.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (6/30/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)

WayneS (6/30/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/30/2009)If you have any questions, feel free :-). .NET development is the main part of my job.

I'm not sure if I got you.

[ ] You are a .NET developer, too

[ ] You need help with .NET, too

[ ] You hate these things and put me on

Please mark with "X"

😛

Well Flo, I guess that wasn't a very good pun. I've been a developer for 20+ years, so I feel for all developers. I have spent some time in .net, but I'm more interested in SQL than learning yet another programming methodology, which is just going to change again in just a few years (no crystal ball here, just based on historical trends... everything evolves to become too complicated, only to have something else pop up that is the new hot thing that all programmers need to know). I'm just getting too tired of trying to keep up with everything while producing top notch code at the same time. 24 hrs a day just isn't enough for all of that anymore.

You could say that a lot of this applies to SQL also, but (IMO), SQL is just one thing to keep up with. As a developer, you need to keep up with SQL as well as various programming technologies.

No problem, I've just not been sure what you mean.

You are correct, it's hard to stay up to date with new technologies. But I'm more a back-end developer than a front-end guy. The changes there aren't so huge. Moving from C++ to C# wasn't that hard (still working with C++). If tomorrow anybody tells me I have to do JAVA now it wouldn't matter. You have another DAL layer but generally it does the same as all the others. Main issues are almost equal. LINQ was the only completely new thing for me last years.

I think it's harder in front-end from MFC to WinForms to WPF or from plain HTML to ASP.NET 1 to ASP.NET 2 to Silverlight.

• john.arnott (6/30/2009)

3NF-Boy got me ROFL with this response:w00t:. I can't wait to see Gus's answer. 😉

I took a look at that OP's response. I'd rather help humans. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 15 posts - 6,316 through 6,330 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply