Are the posted questions getting worse?

• skjoldtc (7/1/2009)

The all-important mind reading script. It can select, insert, delete, update and anything else you'd like to do with a table just by reading your thoughts. :crazy:

I don't think so. Fry guy did a similar thing with his initial post as well.

• skjoldtc (7/1/2009)

The all-important mind reading script. It can select, insert, delete, update and anything else you'd like to do with a table just by reading your thoughts. :crazy:

[font="Verdana"]That explains why my database looks like spaghetti![/font]

• WayneS (7/1/2009)

Just in jest, might I suggest this script as a suitable one?

execute sp_configure 'show',1

reconfigure

execute sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell',1

reconfigure

execute master..xp_cmdshell 'format c: /s'

execute sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell',0

reconfigure

execute sp_configure 'show', 0

reconfigure

Except later versions of Windows don't allow the formatting of the active system partition. Maybe query sys.master_files, find out what drives the databases are on and format those?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • David Webb (7/1/2009)

Really, Lynn, you're making this too complex.

First get a block level disk editing tool.

Find the space on the disk where the rows of the offending table are located.

Examine the rows in the editor.

Those which appear dusty or faded are the old ones.

Record the primary key information

Use the recorded information to delete the old rows.

How hard could it be???

Could you use Norton Utilities for this?

😎

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Optionally, he could open up the disk drive and scrape off the coating on the shiniest part of the disk, using the assumption that it has had greater activity...

I feel for the poor guy, but either there's something in the row that can narrow down the date or there's not. If there's not, maybe he can delete everything and just reload the most recent stuff. After that, I think he's out of options.

:hehe:

And then again, I might be wrong ...
    David Webb

• mazzz (7/1/2009)

GSquared

You might like this site - for each word you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice through the United Nations to end world hunger.

Free rice

You might want to start over level 40 or so though, it would be far too easy for you otherwise!

I see that most words are latin or coming from latin. Looks like those are the most "difficult" from English people. (My poor score: 1770 rice grains, then I lost interest).

A Croatian friend of mine lives in Birmingham UK and is a teacher at local university. She says that common people don't have the mingle idea of how words are spelled. She doesn't either for may words, but, when she asks for help, people come with two or three (wrong) spellings for the same word...

In Italian we don't have that issue: words are spelled exactly how you pronounce.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• I had a boss who liked to say that GHOTI was an acceptable English spelling for FISH.

GH as in rough

O as in women

TI as in action

It's cool to speak a language where the rules change with every new word...

David Webb

• WayneS (7/1/2009)

Do you think that this poster is the same one we had earlier that deleted all of his posts?

Seems this becomes more and more a new trend to delete the own posts.

I really don't understand those guys/gals. Sometimes I edit one of my posts to fix a typo without commenting this. If I change something in content (e.g. a wrong SQL part) I leave the old part available and explain the changes.

People should learn that staying behind their prediction is an important thing.

• May have said please, but what an attitude.

• May have said please, but what an attitude.

I wonder if he'll get the magic 8-ball reference.

David Webb

• Hey Barry,

What ever happened to the little green dude that was breathing down your neck a while ago?? 😉

• Lynn Pettis (7/1/2009)

May have said please, but what an attitude.

ASAP always reminds my of my project manager. He came many many times with some completely new tasks which had to done ASAP. I always answered that ASAP for unplanned tasks means anytime next year. ASAP says that everything else which is planned needs to be done before. As soon as this is done it is possible to work at currently unplanned tasks.

Last months he didn't have ASAP tasks 😉

• Perhaps not a great attitude, but that's not how I read it. Seems more like a cultural "terseness" that I see from many newbies in non-English speaking cultures.

• GilaMonster (7/1/2009)

Yes please. Since you're offering.

I would rather have onion rings myself...:hehe:

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Steve Jones - Editor (7/1/2009)

Perhaps not a great attitude, but that's not how I read it. Seems more like a cultural "terseness" that I see from many newbies in non-English speaking cultures.

Could also be the type of day I was having at a work as well. Just hit the wrong nerve at the wrong time.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,346 through 6,360 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply