Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bruce W Cassidy (7/2/2009)

GilaMonster (7/2/2009)

[...]I poured over the Java code[...]

[font="Verdana"]Mmmm... pourable code! :-D[/font]

It's JAVA!!!

Do you want yours black, or with cream and/or sugar?

🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (7/2/2009)

GilaMonster (7/2/2009)

[...]I poured over the Java code[...]

[font="Verdana"]Mmmm... pourable code! :-D[/font]

It's JAVA!!!

[font="Tahoma"]Exactly![/font]

Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

[font="Verdana"]With steamed non-fact milk, by preference. :cool:[/font]

• name="knownAsteroids" class ="Asteroid">

... 40 or so lines of xml

$beliefbase.getBeliefSet("known_asteroids").size()>0

A tiny part of me of which I am not proud was glad to see this. Let's me know I'm not the only one to wonder why I can't just decide between underscores and camelCase.

Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

... non-fact milk? That's taking it to a different dimension.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (7/2/2009)

Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

... non-fact milk? That's taking it to a different dimension.

[font="Verdana"]What can I say? I prefer the taste, always have done.[/font]

• john.arnott (7/2/2009)

name="knownAsteroids" class ="Asteroid">

A tiny part of me of which I am not proud was glad to see this. Let's me know I'm not the only one to wonder why I can't just decide between underscores and camelCase.

[font="Verdana"]Me, I'm just pondering what I believe about asteroids... It looks like a fascinating project.[/font]

• john.arnott (7/2/2009)

What's troubling is that I never use underscores in code. Identifiers and variables are either camelCase or InitialCase (or whatever it's called). I have no idea why I would have put an underscore in there.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

john.arnott (7/2/2009)

[font="Verdana"]Me, I'm just pondering what I believe about asteroids... It looks like a fascinating project.[/font]

It's a proof of concept for my thesis.

Currently the only thing it seems to be proving is that I can't code properly anymore.....

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Bruce W Cassidy (7/2/2009)[h]

Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

Hmm, if it's not a fact, then it cannot be a belief which means as far as an agent is concerned, it doesn't exist.

1 black coffee, coming up.

Gail Shaw

• GilaMonster (7/2/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (7/2/2009)[h]

Alvin Ramard (7/2/2009)

Hmm, if it's not a fact, then it cannot be a belief which means as far as an agent is concerned, it doesn't exist.

1 black coffee, coming up.

That's part of the reason why I made a reference to a new dimension.

Alvin Ramard

• GilaMonster (7/2/2009)

Currently the only thing it seems to be proving is that I can't code properly anymore.....

[font="Verdana"]My seven month project is in the testing and user acceptance phase, and I am discovering the same thing.

I think the solution is to pour more java.

[/font]

• Steve Jones - Editor (6/30/2009)

There shouldn't be. I was puzzling over how someone could do this. We should not allow blank emails.

OK, I'm still 2 days behind, but I 'm guessing that someone can name themselves "Anonymous"?

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• ps (6/30/2009)

Hey Guys, pls dont laugh at me but i was happy today to find myself amongst top 100 forum posters.:-D

Learnt lots from this site which forces me to stick here whenever i find time.

Thanks Steve for creating this site:-).

Way to go, Pradeep. Keep up the good work!

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• And congrats to Lynne, who not only blew by me recently, but is also only the 6th person to reach 8000 & SSCrazyEights!

[/font]

• GilaMonster (6/30/2009)

David Burrows (6/30/2009)

There is a member with the name 'Anonymous'

Yeah, but I don't think it's that. If you check the screen shot, there's no profile details, the name is not a hyperlink (as it normally is) and clicking 'reply' brings up the reply screen with an empty box.

Plus I know two of these PMs from 'anonymous' are from different people, because they're related to forum threads.

Oops, already covered.

[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 6,376 through 6,390 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply