Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GSquared (7/14/2009)

I must be missing something. You have my screen name on the part that I wrote. Or are you asking if I'm The Thread?

For a brief moment I thought you were The Thread. 🙂

As you are not, I welcome the Thread. Seldom does a forum become self-aware. 😀

Gaby

• Gaby Abed (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

I must be missing something. You have my screen name on the part that I wrote. Or are you asking if I'm The Thread?

That screen name's been around for a while. I don't remember its first post. Seems to pop up after mentions of the Terminator movies.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Grant Fritchey (7/14/2009)

If we are coming up on the number of the beast & the end times & all that because of the Thread, then the four horseman & the anti-guy must be hanging around here too...

Well, that anti-guy is easy. That's Steve.

As to the horsemen, my picks

Conquest - Gus

War - Gail

Famine - Lynn

Death - Jeff, of course

So I'm an understudy again? Daggumit, sassi-frassin, frickety-*^%$&^$..." :angry:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• GSquared (7/14/2009)

Gaby Abed (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

That screen name's been around for a while. I don't remember its first post. Seems to pop up after mentions of the Terminator movies.

Or whenever Bob was involved in a discussion about the Thread becoming self-aware, ... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Gaby Abed (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Or whenever Bob was involved in a discussion about the Thread becoming self-aware, ... 🙂

I hadn't noticed that pattern. Wonder if it means anything.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (7/14/2009)

RBarryYoung (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Gaby Abed (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

I hadn't noticed that pattern. Wonder if it means anything.

Well, The Thread showed up today but I haven't heard anything from Bob in a while, so I'm not sure that connection works.

• RBarryYoung (7/14/2009)

Grant Fritchey (7/14/2009)

If we are coming up on the number of the beast & the end times & all that because of the Thread, then the four horseman & the anti-guy must be hanging around here too...

Well, that anti-guy is easy. That's Steve.

As to the horsemen, my picks

Conquest - Gus

War - Gail

Famine - Lynn

Death - Jeff, of course

So I'm an understudy again? Daggumit, sassi-frassin, frickety-*^%$&^$..." :angry:

Not an understudy... you're just too darn nice to make that list. I almost didn't include St. Lynn, but he swings that walking stick mighty fierce when he gets riled.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lynn Pettis (7/14/2009)

Well, The Thread showed up today but I haven't heard anything from Bob in a while, so I'm not sure that connection works.

I expected to get an email from him when I sent out the PASS Chapter meeting reminder yesterday, but no email yet.

🙁

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Guys and Gals, you are freaking me out! I've been out of the office for not even six hours and there are already 38 new notifications in my inbox? Can one really not have a few quiet hours a day? 😛

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Guys and Gals, you are freaking me out! I've been out of the office for not even six hours and there are already 38 new notifications in my inbox? Can one really not have a few quiet hours a day? 😛

If there weren't regular notifications from The Thread I'd be concerned that the Apocalypse had happened.:w00t:

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Guys and Gals, you are freaking me out! I've been out of the office for not even six hours and there are already 38 new notifications in my inbox? Can one really not have a few quiet hours a day? 😛

So... what you're trying to say is that 38 isn't enough???

I suppose we could work on that.

Property of The Thread

• GSquared (7/14/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Bah, 38 during the workday is nothing... it's the 100 or so I received last Sat or Sunday that I was really impressed with followed by a day or two of near silence...

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• lmu92 (7/14/2009)

GilaMonster (7/13/2009)

Dave Ballantyne (7/13/2009)

You can lead a horse to water but you cant force him to drink

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic751918-8-2.aspx?Update=1

On second thoughts, I think I'm leaving that thread alone...

tatcalltype ='null'

Why.....

He's back... -> http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost752843.aspx

I'm wondering how long his audit procedure is - so we could estimate the expected number of posts... :Whistling:

Gail, Lutz and Grant, I admire you for the amount of patience you seem to have with that guy. Maybe you should all be sainted as well. Have you each pitched up your individual tents in the desert yet?

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• GilaMonster (7/14/2009)

Grant Fritchey (7/14/2009)

No kaboom.

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

Did you know that in French "Avoir une boom" means "having a party"?:-P

• Luke L (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Bah, 38 during the workday is nothing... it's the 100 or so I received last Sat or Sunday that I was really impressed with followed by a day or two of near silence...

-Luke.

Are you saying I'm out of the office at an inapproriate time?

Viewing 15 posts - 6,661 through 6,675 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply