Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Luke L (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/14/2009)

Guys and Gals, you are freaking me out! I've been out of the office for not even six hours and there are already 38 new notifications in my inbox? Can one really not have a few quiet hours a day? 😛

So... what you're trying to say is that 38 isn't enough???

I suppose we could work on that.

Bah, 38 during the workday is nothing... it's the 100 or so I received last Sat or Sunday that I was really impressed with followed by a day or two of near silence...

-Luke.

Are you saying I'm out of the office at an inapproriate time?

Nope, just find it interesting that 38 during a typical workday is seen as a lot, when 100+ on a typical non-workday (I think it may have even been Jul 4 weekend, a holiday for those of us in the US) was not... that's all...

Just an observation, not a comment on the appropriateness of when you are/are not in the office.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Gail, Lutz and Grant, I admire you for the amount of patience you seem to have with that guy. Maybe you should all be sainted as well.

I'm done with him. Not touching another of his posts with a 10 ft barge pole, unless he starts showing some improvement.

Have you each pitched up your individual tents in the desert yet?

Tropical beach for me, I think

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Tropical beach for me, I think

Niiiiiiice!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

It's 10pm. What self-respecting IT person is not still working at this .... oh wait, you're a Capetonian. Never mind....

😛 😉

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GSquared (7/14/2009)

Niiiiiiice!

I haven't ever been there. It is on my list of planned holiday destinations. Sometime.....

Gail Shaw

• GilaMonster (7/14/2009)

GSquared (7/14/2009)

Niiiiiiice!

I haven't ever been there. It is on my list of planned holiday destinations. Sometime.....

Hey, Zanzibar is right next to JoBurg. Just a 3 1/2 hour flight to Dar Es Salaam and an 8 minute hop over to the Island. That is if you first survive the thrill of flying in an Air Tanzania 323/200 where the innards of the cabin threaten to blow you off the plane at any time, don't get too excited about two burnt-out Migs next to the runway as you land, you can appreciate the welcome by a guy on the gangway nicely saying "Welcome to Tanzania, it is Winter" when the humidity and heat blow you off the ramp in the middle of January, and can cope with a total of three air conditioners in the "international" terminal (actually the only terminal) at the airport and wait for your 8 minute flight for a measle 4 hours, being told that the plane you should have been flying on had some "minor" technical problems somewhere near the Mozambiquan border.

Otherwise, the Island is really a dream, would go back there anytime!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• GilaMonster (7/14/2009)

It's 10pm. What self-respecting IT person is not still working at this .... oh wait, you're a Capetonian. Never mind....

😛 😉

What makes you think I'm not working? Trying hard not to fall asleep in front of the laptop. Doesn't that qualify as work? 🙂

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Gaby Abed (7/14/2009)

Here's something scary, regarding Barney (the freaky purple dinosaur):

CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR is the number of the beast. You don't believe me? Convert all the U's to V's (as in ancient Rome) and extract the roman numerals.

CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR => CVVLDIV => 100 + 5 + 5 + 50 + 500 + 1 + 5 => 666

If CVVLDIV actually were a valid number in roman numerals you would be right. But we're still alive, page count has gone past that and tomorrow will be a beautiful rainy day with most of us still around :hehe:

• Grant Fritchey (7/14/2009)

If we are coming up on the number of the beast & the end times & all that because of the Thread, then the four horseman & the anti-guy must be hanging around here too...

That always reminds me of a book - I think it was called "Good Omens" in which Conquest, War, Famine, and Death stopped at a cafe for a bite to eat and their horses were stolen.

The Four Pedestrians of the Apocalypse just doesn't sound as good somehow...

:laugh:

• Paul White (7/14/2009)

That always reminds me of a book - I think it was called "Good Omens" in which Conquest, War, Famine, and Death stopped at a cafe for a bite to eat and their horses were stolen.

[font="Verdana"]The book is by Terry Pratchett, and it was supposed to become a movie, but I believe the movie process has stalled. Shame.[/font]

• Bruce W Cassidy (7/14/2009)

Paul White (7/14/2009)

[font="Verdana"]The book is by Terry Pratchett, and it was supposed to become a movie, but I believe the movie process has stalled. Shame.[/font]

I didn't know about plans for a film - could be awesome since I really enjoyed the book.

The co-writer was Neil Gaiman IIRC.

• A friend sent me this, I thought people here might get a laugh out of it.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/720108ee-0a9c-4090-b62d-bbd5cb1a7605

Gail Shaw

GilaMonster (7/14/2009)

😛 😉

What makes you think I'm not working? Trying hard not to fall asleep in front of the laptop. Doesn't that qualify as work? 🙂

"Qualify" as work? I thought that was the definition of work.

I'm not that much a desert person. I'd like to be seeing this somewhere along this.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (7/14/2009)

No kaboom.

Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay ! :w00t:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• GilaMonster (7/15/2009)

A friend sent me this, I thought people here might get a laugh out of it.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/720108ee-0a9c-4090-b62d-bbd5cb1a7605

It's a bit scary to think how many people might think that way. (or is it weigh?)

🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 6,676 through 6,690 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply