Are the posted questions getting worse?

• . (7/24/2009)

Hey Jan,

Robur was like Captain Nemo, except that he had a giant airship instead of a submarine. I remember there being another story, possibly a sequel (pronounced sequel) called Master of the World.

Vaguely rings a bell, Dot. Next time I go to the Library (yeah, the thing with the physically paper-based and bound literature) I will have a look if I can find it. Sure the kids would enjoy these kind of books too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• . (7/24/2009)

Hey Jan,

Robur was like Captain Nemo, except that he had a giant airship instead of a submarine. I remember there being another story, possibly a sequel (pronounced sequel) called Master of the World.

Now why did I have to think more than thrice how sequel is pronounced? Good one!

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/24/2009)

On the way home there was a silver Audi A4 2.T driving in front of me whose owner's ego may well be slightly overinflated. Personalised license plate reads SQLGURU-WP :unsure:. Wonder who HE is?

Wonder if it's my colleague. He lives down your way (Hout Bay) and he most certainly could justify said licence plate. I have no idea what he drives though.

Don't suppose you got a look at the driver?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Jan Van der Eecken (7/24/2009)

Just like Gail and her neighbours will most likely have a GP (Gauteng Province) at the end of theirs.

Gangster's Paradise. :unsure:

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GilaMonster (7/24/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/24/2009)

On the way home there was a silver Audi A4 2.T driving in front of me whose owner's ego may well be slightly overinflated. Personalised license plate reads SQLGURU-WP :unsure:. Wonder who HE is?

Wonder if it's my colleague. He lives down your way (Hout Bay) and he most certainly could justify said licence plate. I have no idea what he drives though.

No, I didn't, it was dark already and I was behind him.

• Talking of number plates, a guy who used to work at my place had SQLDBA as his plate.

I quite fancy this one or this one

Anyone got any clever ideas for a plate?

We can have any six (or fewer) numbers or letters...

• SQLROCKS

SPWHO2

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• 3 NF

RDB M5

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/25/2009)

GilaMonster (7/24/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/24/2009)

No, I didn't, it was dark already and I was behind him.

I'll ask him next time I see him, if I remember. Will be seeing him next weekend, for TechEd.

You are coming to TechEd Jan?

Gail Shaw

• Steve Jones - Editor (7/25/2009)

ITDPNDS

That one has to be for Paul or Kimberly.

Gail Shaw

• DTH2CRSRS

STBSD

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• ...and of course....

LMGTFY

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Jack Corbett (7/21/2009)

Dave Ballantyne (7/21/2009)

Hi ho hi ho , if off to Disney i go , see you all in 4 weeks.

Enjoyed my short time here, more rewarding than usenet anyway

Hey, if you are the Disney in Florida, I'm only about 45 minutes away. It's hot and wear sunscreen.

Blimey you're not kidding, i love a holiday though ... Bribing the kids to put lotion on is a particularly enjoyable game 🙂

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• For Jeff, PRKCHP

or

BACKUP

or

RSTORE

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 15 posts - 6,946 through 6,960 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply