Are the posted questions getting worse?

• ta.bu.shi.da.yu (9/11/2009)

Silverfox (9/11/2009)

Do you know what really frustates me at times, is when someone posts after you have posted, and says, yes that is correct or says exactly the same as what you said but slightly different wording. I will not add the links as i have already upset some people already in other topics, for which I have apologised, hope he is gentleman enough to accept it, nuff said ;-).

If I post on something, I generally know what I am talking about, like most people here I would imagine, I dont need someone to patronise me by saying You are correct, and add nothing new in that post lol

You are correct, it is really frustrating when someone reiterates the same point well after you have made it in a thread and contributes nothing more to the conversation.

I also agree with Silverfox. If I post on something, I generally know what I am talking about, like most people here I would imagine, I don't need someone to patronise me by saying You are correct, and add nothing new in that post.

(In all seriousness, this has happened to me several times in recent days - I have had to 'bite my tongue' more than once.)

• Paul and Silverfox are correct.

• Ian Scarlett (9/11/2009)

Paul and Silverfox are correct.

I agree with Ian in that Paul is correct to agree with my agreement with Silverfox. Honestly! Why do people so often reiterate over the same point by agreeing that what was said is correct? It adds nothing to the thread.

Random Technical Stuff[/url]

Ian Scarlett (9/11/2009)

I agree with Ian in that Paul is correct to agree with my agreement with Silverfox. Honestly! Why do people keep reiterating over the same point in agreement so often? It adds nothing to the thread.

... but could lead THE Thread to 8000 post very soon! 😀

-- Gianluca Sartori

• How many bottles of beer on the wall?

-- Gianluca Sartori

• I say Silverfox is correct. :hehe:

Two more bottles og beer on the wall.. 🙂

-Roy

• Paul White (9/11/2009)

Silverfox (9/11/2009)

...any new MVP's are always welcome.

So long as they have at least the first clue 😛

Paul

Hopefully the MVP will give more answers than asking questions... 😉

-Roy

Ian Scarlett (9/11/2009)

I agree with Ian in that Paul is correct to agree with my agreement with Silverfox. Honestly! Why do people so often reiterate over the same point by agreeing that what was said is correct? It adds nothing to the thread.

In all seriousness, what it adds is more weight to the answer given. Most people tend to go with the herd, so if someone gives a correct answer, and others chime in that it's correct, that makes "the herd" correct, and people follow it.

Less seriously, I think you're all wrong and disagree with everything you've ever posted, even the stuff I haven't read. Nah nah nah! 😛

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Silverfox (9/11/2009)

Do you know what really frustates me at times, is when someone posts after you have posted, and says, yes that is correct or says exactly the same as what you said but slightly different wording. I will not add the links as i have already upset some people already in other topics, for which I have apologised, hope he is gentleman enough to accept it, nuff said ;-).

If I post on something, I generally know what I am talking about, like most people here I would imagine, I dont need someone to patronise me by saying You are correct, and add nothing new in that post lol

I'll do this on occasion when there are multiple solutions offered and there is some dispute over which is the better solution. I do share WHY I think it is the best solution.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Roy Ernest (9/11/2009)

Hopefully the MVP will give more answers than asking questions... 😉

Yes. This one seems fine so far.

Though I must say that I agree with Ian Scarlet, Silverfox, and teletubby.

• Roy Ernest (9/10/2009)

We have a new MVP in the forums now.... 🙂

New? According to that profile, he joined the site in 2007.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Silverfox (9/11/2009)

It isn't necessarily a bad thing. Replies don't have all the same weight: a post of mine is not as reliable as, for instance, a post by Jeff or Gail. Having a widely known expert supporting my opinion makes my reply more reliable.

It is also true that such "widely known experts" are usually people that don't post to a thread just to say "you're right" without adding new thoughts...

-- Gianluca Sartori

• GSquared (9/11/2009)

In all seriousness, what it adds is more weight to the answer given.

That's what I was trying to say, with the almost same words...

... if it still is allowed to agree with somebody else!:-)

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Apparently I agree with Gus and Gianluca.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Paul White (9/11/2009)

Though I must say that I agree with Ian Scarlet, Silverfox, and teletubby.

Who's Teletubby?????

Did I miss something?

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 7,966 through 7,980 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply