Are the posted questions getting worse?

• I like to chime in on good solutions and agree, but beyond one or two people doing it, it's not adding a lot. Seeing a couple people, especially those that answer a lot of questions, will give confidence. I know it's been helpful for me on the tractor forums, especially if a 2nd or 3rd person expounds a little.

• Paul White (9/11/2009)

Roy Ernest (9/11/2009)

Hopefully the MVP will give more answers than asking questions... 😉

Yes. This one seems fine so far.

Though I must say that I agree with Ian Scarlet, Silverfox, and teletubby.

Hey! What about me! I started this little meme. No respect I tell ya.

Random Technical Stuff[/url]

• Gianluca Sartori (9/11/2009)

Paul White (9/11/2009)

Who's Teletubby?????

Did I miss something?

Sorry - ta.bu.shi.da.yu 🙂

I don't mind people posting to say that I'm awesome, it's the ones that post with the same, or similar wording, apparently just to look good. I don't mean the accidental post-at-the-same-time things; it's those who make a habit of it. Not cool.

Paul

• Paul White (9/11/2009)

Gianluca Sartori (9/11/2009)

Paul White (9/11/2009)

Who's Teletubby?????

Did I miss something?

I don't mind people posting to say that I'm awesome, it's the ones that post with the same, or similar wording, apparently just to look good. I don't mean the accidental post-at-the-same-time things; it's those who make a habit of it. Not cool.

Paul

lol!!!

My username is the one I used from Wikipedia, where I was an admin. It was a bit too late when I realised you all use your REAL names here. Ah well.

• ta.bu.shi.da.yu (9/11/2009)

So sorry bro - I just find your name hard to recall/type - my bad.

• Paul White (9/11/2009)

ta.bu.shi.da.yu (9/11/2009)

So sorry bro - I just find your name hard to recall/type - my bad.

If you think that's difficult, you should see my stupid gmail address.

Teletubby is fine - made me laugh!

• Jack Corbett (9/11/2009)

Silverfox (9/11/2009)

Do you know what really frustates me at times, is when someone posts after you have posted, and says, yes that is correct or says exactly the same as what you said but slightly different wording. I will not add the links as i have already upset some people already in other topics, for which I have apologised, hope he is gentleman enough to accept it, nuff said ;-).

If I post on something, I generally know what I am talking about, like most people here I would imagine, I dont need someone to patronise me by saying You are correct, and add nothing new in that post lol

I'll do this on occasion when there are multiple solutions offered and there is some dispute over which is the better solution. I do share WHY I think it is the best solution.

I agree with everything that Jack said.

But seriously, I try to avoid "me too" posts unless I feel I'm either adding an additional point or clarifying something that was said by someone else, even if correct. But I don't doubt I'm guilty of more or less posting "+1" and running away. I have seen others that do it. I've also seen some people that, as near as I can tell, only post repititions of what others have already posted. Unless it's egregious and repetitive, I'd say, let it go.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Teletubby is fine - made me laugh!

But which one...?!

• The red one...

I nearly choked when I saw that 🙂

BTW, on a more serious note: I know there are a lot of Americans on this site. I'd just like to say that I'm thinking of you guys on the anniversary of 9/11 (I'm from Australia).

Paul White (9/11/2009)

Gianluca Sartori (9/11/2009)

Paul White (9/11/2009)

Who's Teletubby?????

Did I miss something?

Paul

lol!!!

My username is the one I used from Wikipedia, where I was an admin. It was a bit too late when I realised you all use your REAL names here. Ah well.

My parents will definitely be surprised to find out that they're wrong about what my real name is. 😀

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

The red one...

I nearly choked when I saw that 🙂

BTW, on a more serious note: I know there are a lot of Americans on this site. I'd just like to say that I'm thinking of you guys on the anniversary of 9/11 (I'm from Australia).

I've done minutes of silence for both tower impacts so far. Coming up on one for the Pentagon impact.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• There's an italian parody of teletubbies, called turbotubbies.

It's a shame you don't speak Italian, they really are funny.

http://www.giardiniblog.com/2009/03/12/turbotubbies-colorado-cafe/

-- Gianluca Sartori

• First off I will apologize in advance, but I think all of you are correct.

Second, for a change, I would like to post a (rare?) example of an OP who did things right.

Don't you wish all of the threads could be like that?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Gianluca Sartori (9/11/2009)

There's an italian parody of teletubbies, called turbotubbies.

It's a shame you don't speak Italian, they really are funny.

http://www.giardiniblog.com/2009/03/12/turbotubbies-colorado-cafe/

Not as good as the UK ones, I can see their faces, so I know they're not real.

• Bob Hovious (9/11/2009)

First off I will apologize in advance, but I think all of you are correct.

Second, for a change, I would like to post a (rare?) example of an OP who did things right.

Don't you wish all of the threads could be like that?

It was one of the best dispaly I have ever seen from an OP. But Bob, question for you. You gave the suggestion to the OP to use IF Statements to find out which query to run. But wont it cause Parameter sniffing that could take a bad query plan?

I am not saying it will, but I am just asking if it could...

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 7,981 through 7,995 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply