Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Good point, Roy. Why don't you post it over in the forum itself, so the OP can see it and make it part of the discusson there, instead of the discussion in The Thread?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Who wants post #8000?

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Going.....

• Going.........

• Bob Hovious (9/11/2009)

First off I will apologize in advance, but I think all of you are correct.

[...]

Don't you wish all of the threads could be like that?

+1

The final code isn't perfect by any means (and I think IF...ELSE branch plan caching is the issue Roy is thinking of rather than parameter sniffing...) but no matter - it is great to see someone who makes the effort. Isn't it strange how quickly he received expert help? 😎

• Silverfox (9/11/2009)

Do you know what really frustates me at times, is when someone posts after you have posted, and says, yes that is correct or says exactly the same as what you said but slightly different wording. I will not add the links as i have already upset some people already in other topics, for which I have apologised, hope he is gentleman enough to accept it, nuff said ;-).

If I post on something, I generally know what I am talking about, like most people here I would imagine, I dont need someone to patronise me by saying You are correct, and add nothing new in that post lol

Please realize that such follow-up posts are not always meant for that poster but the OP. I do it at times to add emphasis to those answers so that the OP knows others also agree. Not knowing which post(s) you are actually talking about I can't speak to those specifically.

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/11/2009)

Is this post 8000?

Nope 😀

• 9/11 - a day that I too always take time for a moment of silence and prayers for all the innocent lives lost.

Something I will never forget.

Greg E

• Paul got 8000, I think.

Can someone point me to a good write up on IF... ELSE issues?

• Bob Hovious (9/11/2009)

Paul got 8000, I think.

Can someone point me to a good write up on IF... ELSE issues?

Such as an introduction? Try this link.

Gaby

• Yeah - I didn't mean to, I just got lucky.

Branching and plan compilation:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966425.aspx covers it - the bit beginning "Example: Suppose that a batch B contains an "if" statement..."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee343986.aspx is similar, but updated for 2008.

• Greg Edwards (9/11/2009)

9/11 - a day that I too always take time for a moment of silence and prayers for all the innocent lives lost.

Something I will never forget.

Greg E

Me as well. I remember getting let out of work at around 11:00AM that day and the eerie silence throughout the city (Chicago) and trains. I still get teary-eyed just thinking about it. Something that should never be forgotten.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• 9/11/01 was a pretty messed up day. I had just been laid off from a failing startup the week before. The kids started their first day of pre-school that day. We went with them and were having fun, smiling and laughing. We heard the initial report on the way to the school, but it just sounded like an accident, but no big deal. We left the school and decided to get the kids library cards that day. The librarians were staring slack-jawed at a TV set and I saw, for the first time, one of the towers was gone... The rest of the day wasn't so happy...

For some, that day changed the world, forever.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I remember all too well what I was doing on that day as well. It was a very surreal experience watching it all day every day for so long. We eventually just had to turn off the tv because it became too much.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 7,996 through 8,010 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply