Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

For anyone here a month or so ago, I have good news on the employment front. Starting a new job with a much better company in mid-Jan. (About half the IT team at the current company has left or is working through a 2-week notice.) Better pay, better benefits, better company, worse commute. And they're already fully upgraded to SQL 2008, so that'll be interesting and fun.

I'm very excited!

CONGRATS :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

For anyone here a month or so ago, I have good news on the employment front. Starting a new job with a much better company in mid-Jan. (About half the IT team at the current company has left or is working through a 2-week notice.) Better pay, better benefits, better company, worse commute. And they're already fully upgraded to SQL 2008, so that'll be interesting and fun.

I'm very excited!

Great news, Gus. Well done, very well deserved.

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• Congratulations Gus, great news for the end of the year! 😀

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

I'm very excited!

Good stuff Gus...:-) A good start for your new Year. I am glad things got sorted out..:-)

"May the Force be with you" 🙂

-Roy

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

...your computer logs you in and goes straight to a site that promises to enlarge various body parts. :w00t:

(Yes, my mind seeks out corruption and incorporates it. Kind of a reverse DBCC CheckDB command.)

Future advancements in personal humiliation, love it. It's bad enough when the Wii balance board says 'ooh!' when I step on it, like it wasn't ready for my fat @$$ yet.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

That's fantastic (well, except for the commute). Sounds like a good place.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Congrats Gus. How about sending some of that good luck my way. Can't seem to catch a break at all.

Kassondra was in a car accident Sunday night (car is totalled, she's fine but sore); Kirisa (my middle daughter) got a chip fracture of her first knuckle of her left ring finger playing Keeper during an indoor soccer game yesterday. What else could go wrong??

• Lynn Pettis (12/29/2009)

Congrats Gus. How about sending some of that good luck my way. Can't seem to catch a break at all.

Kassondra was in a car accident Sunday night (car is totalled, she's fine but sore); Kirisa (my middle daughter) got a chip fracture of her first knuckle of her left ring finger playing Keeper during an indoor soccer game yesterday. What else could go wrong??

Oh Crap... Sorry to hear that Lynn. Hope Kassondra and Kirisa get well soon and have a good new Year. Maybe they are leaving all their Bad luck behind in 2009 and have a great 2010..

-Roy

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

I'm very excited!

Good news, Gus.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GSquared (12/29/2009)

I'm very excited!

GREAT NEWS! (Looks like you are doing something to ensure a happy new year!)

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

What else could go wrong??

Hope nothing else goes wrong Lynn. Wishing them both a quick recovery.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

Congrats Gus. How about sending some of that good luck my way. Can't seem to catch a break at all.

I'm glad everyone has just minor injuries. Hope they both recover quickly!

Let me guess... since Kassondra was home on leave, she was using YOUR car?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Short answer: Plenty.

Glad to hear she's okay. Too bad about the car, but that's easy to replace compared to a person, or even a broken back or some such.

I'm not sure if FedEx does luck delivery. Maybe I can send some through the intertubes.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GilaMonster (12/29/2009)

GSquared (12/29/2009)

That's fantastic (well, except for the commute). Sounds like a good place.

Honestly, anything will be a worse commute than my current one. Current commute takes 3 minutes, unless there's a train blocking traffic, then it takes about 15.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• WayneS (12/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (12/29/2009)

I'm glad everyone has just minor injuries. Hope they both recover quickly!

Let me guess... since Kassondra was home on leave, she was using YOUR car?

In a way, yes. I am on the registration and the car is (was) under my insurance, but it was her car. So my wife and I still have cars. She was planning on taking the the car back to AIT so she would have a car to get around in until May when she graduates.

Viewing 15 posts - 10,366 through 10,380 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply