Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Matt Miller (#4) (12/31/2009)

I'm not sure if this qualifies as heresy or not, or if it's "just plain wrong", but Darth had a close call the other day:

http://xkcd.com/682/[/url]

BWA-HA-HA-HA

That was good.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I'll vote for "just wrong"

Enjoy the holiday tonight, everyone, and be safe.

• jcrawf02 (12/31/2009)

Matt Miller (#4) (12/31/2009)[/b

I'm not sure if this qualifies as heresy or not, or if it's "just plain wrong", but Darth had a close call the other day:

http://xkcd.com/682/[/url]

My very words were "That's just wrong", so that one has my vote.

Ditto that vote and sentiment

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Wishing you all a Very Happy, Prosperous and Safe New Year 2010.

I had few horrific moments :w00t: today morning driving to work. So all those where snow is predicted to ruin your New Year party, do start early, drive safely and have a fantastic New Year party.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Bru Medishetty (12/31/2009)

Wishing you all a Very Happy, Prosperous and Safe New Year 2010.

I had few horrific moments :w00t: today morning driving to work. So all those where snow is predicted to ruin your New Year party, do start early, drive safely and have a fantastic New Year party.

Bru the really sad thing is that Lynn, Steve and Grant would mostly laugh at the piddling amount of snow we received this morning. I don't think I've ever seen so many accidents with only 3-4 inches of snow. 'Course it doesn't help that the DOT didn't feel a need to clear those few inches from the road until after the morning rush.

More to the point however, here's another one on the everyone have a happy and safe new year train.

Cheers,

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Best wishes to everyone on the Thread and SSC for a New Year!

Take care, party safe and here's to posting next year! :w00t:

Not any snow where I am, but if there was, I wouldn't drive anywhere, most of the people down here don't know how to drive in the snow (and it's been a long time since I've spent a winter in Upstate New York or Missoula, MT).

-- Kit

• Happy new year everyone.

Still 5 hours to midnight, but I'm off to a party.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Happy New Years All (jumping on the BANDWAGON):hehe:

As for snow, we had our snowstorms over the past couple of days - nothing major, just a little slick and only about 4 inches. At least there is a foot on the ground.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Luke L (12/31/2009)

Bru Medishetty (12/31/2009)

Bru the really sad thing is that Lynn, Steve and Grant would mostly laugh at the piddling amount of snow we received this morning. I don't think I've ever seen so many accidents with only 3-4 inches of snow. 'Course it doesn't help that the DOT didn't feel a need to clear those few inches from the road until after the morning rush.

More to the point however, here's another one on the everyone have a happy and safe new year train.

Cheers,

-Luke.

Most of the roads haven't been cleared when I started, I was lucky today, as I had a 3600 turn and since it was early and no one on the road, I managed not to hit anything.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Happy New Year y'all. We're off to Dallas and the Cotton Bowl.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Luke L (12/31/2009)

Bru Medishetty (12/31/2009)

Cheers,

-Luke.

Last monday on the short walk home from the train here in Reading, UK, cars were stacked up before a shallow hill. Snow had been falling since lunchtime but the gritters thought it best to stay at home in the warm. Knowing my GF was behind that queue of drivers revving uselessly to try to get up the hill, I joined one or two locals in giving them a helping shove, as the police turned up to coordinate efforts. After a couple of hours of shoving, and many more neighbours generously giving their own sweat and time, most of the backlog was cleared and cars were inching their way up unaided. Jules got home at something after 11pm, having left work 9 miles away 6 hours earlier.

That's what 4 inches of slushy snow does in a UK town.

We're cr@p at dealing with any minor emergency in any kind of efficient manner but when the chips are down, everybody mucks in.

A very Happy New Year to all readers of the thread, contributors, helpers, threadclowns, and the very many who post questions. Best wishes to you all.

Cheers

ChrisM@home

[font="Arial"]Low-hanging fruit picker and defender of the moggies[/font]

For better assistance in answering your questions, please read this[/url].

Understanding and using APPLY, (I)[/url] and (II)[/url] Paul White[/url]

Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins[/url] / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url] Jeff Moden[/url]

• To the denizens of The Thread, regulars and lurkers alike, as we bid a fair farewell to 2009 may we all have a Joyous and Prosperous New Year and may 2010 be better to us all.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!!

• Not quite 2010 yet , but happy new year to you all...

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Happy New Year to all.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Beginning a New Year.

Well, Kassondra is on her way back to AIT in a "new" car. She left our house about 7:30 to pick-up another soldier heading back as well (long story, there are three heading back in the same car).

Probably actually got on the road about 8:30, and are already nearing Raton NM.

Wishing them all safe travels.

Viewing 15 posts - 10,396 through 10,410 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply