Mission accomplished :w00t:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (1/8/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (1/8/2010)

And once again, I'm lost.

Mission accomplished :w00t:

Doesn't take much, does it? 😛

• Hens have teeth was really bad..I mean the OP was way over his head in that issue. He has no clue about SQL Server.

But the the guy who saw the light, I have to comment that both John and Lynn did an exceptional job to make the OP see the light. I do not think I would have had that much patience. 🙂 And the best part was that the OP was actually very appreciative about the help you guys provided...

-Roy

Lynn Pettis (1/8/2010)

GilaMonster (1/8/2010)

Not touching with 10 ft barge pole.

Quite familiar with the expression. I know exactly what it means. 😛 That's why the joke about have a 12 ft pole if you wanted it. 😉

Want to explain it then?

Can't tell if you're serious or not so...

A barge pole is used on the barges that travel on the canals in England. Used to keep the barge away from the walls and locks, push other river traffic away, and floating stuff that you don't want near.

It's basically saying that the target of the sentence is so undesirable that you don't want to even get within 10 ft of it.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

Hens have teeth was really bad..I mean the OP was way over his head in that issue. He has no clue about SQL Server.

600 posts later. Seems to be a common situation for him.

Hmmm, looking at that thread. 1 processor an 9 instances? Does not compute.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

Hens have teeth was really bad..I mean the OP was way over his head in that issue. He has no clue about SQL Server.

But the the guy who saw the light, I have to comment that both John and Lynn did an exceptional job to make the OP see the light. I do not think I would have had that much patience. 🙂 And the best part was that the OP was actually very appreciative about the help you guys provided...

And yet he is "Chasing Mays." You'd think he'd have learned something in the past 16 months since joining SSC.

But then again ....... 😛

• Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

And you do know that the "Hens have teeth" was a play off the old saying "Like pulling hens teeth", right? 😉

• GilaMonster (1/8/2010)

Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

Umm, I don't think I would be touching this one (1 processor 10 instances - he keeps leaving out his default instance) with Lynn's 12ft barge pole.

Barge Pole comment that you generously explained - wasn't being serious - trying to get Lynn to answer that one.

Learn Extended Events

GilaMonster (1/8/2010)

Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

Umm, I don't think I would be touching this one (1 processor 10 instances - he keeps leaving out his default instance) with Lynn's 12ft barge pole.

Barge Pole comment that you generously explained - wasn't being serious - trying to get Lynn to answer that one.

But Gail did such a good job with the explaination. 😀

• Lynn Pettis (1/8/2010)

Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

And you do know that the "Hens have teeth" was a play off the old saying "Like pulling hens teeth", right? 😉

I thought (honestly) it was like some sort of Monty Python character (holy grail Rabbit of Caerbannog).

Funny how these sayings get shortened over time

10 ft. barge pole = 10 ft. pole

Pulling hens teeth = pulling teeth

Learn Extended Events

• Yes Lynn, I knew that... 🙂

I did not look at how many posts that the OP had. 600 + posts and still like that is a shocker. I guess everyone has been spoon feeding him till now...

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (1/8/2010)

Yes Lynn, I knew that... 🙂

I did not look at how many posts that the OP had. 600 + posts and still like that is a shocker. I guess everyone has been spoon feeding him till now...

Some spoon feeding and some less than specific answers trying to get him to do some of it on his own.

Sidebar - think he will ever find the thread?

Learn Extended Events

• TBH, I hope he does... 🙂

-Roy

• More importantly, would he recognize himself in our conversations?

Viewing 15 posts - 10,516 through 10,530 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply