Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Okay, brief synopsis of last nights soccer game, Coronado ...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• I think if people like to see goals scored they would have loved that game... πŸ™‚ 12 goals. WOW. I wonder if that will happen when India plays against Top teams like Brazil, Italy , France etc . India has one of the weakest teams in Football. πŸ™‚

-Roy

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Okay, brief synopsis of last nights soccer game, Coronado ...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Actually, the last 10 minutes or so of the game was quite exciting compared to the first 70 minutes. It took that save on the PK to fire-up the Widefield team.

And I'm sorry, steve, if you don't like soccer. I have found that this is a game I could have played when I was in Junior High and High School, its just too bad it wasn't as popular back then as it is now.

The biggest problem it has here is that Americans what to see scoring instead of well played games. Soccer is a chess game, a game of patience.

Actually, the last 10 minutes or so of the game was quite exciting compared to the first 70 minutes. It took that save on the PK to fire-up the Widefield team.

What happened to the other ten minutes...???!!!

• I used to play soccer... I was playing in the Midfield. I could take the ball fast to the opposition goal post but when I see the goal post, I get nervous and shoot it wide of the goal post. :hehe:

-Roy

• It's partially the scoring, though if you look at a lot of NFL games, the typically only score 6-7 times between both teams. I think soccer, and hockey, just have a little too much back and forth with little chance of scoring most of the time. It seems every play in the NFL or baseball has a chance of scoring. Might not in reality, but it seems to.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/10/2010)

It's partially the scoring, though if you look at a lot of NFL...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:w00t:

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (3/10/2010)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+1 on that... And all that protection that they use... I vote for Rugby more than American Football. :hehe:

-Roy

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NFL... AH! Now I remember! It must be "American Football", that wimp game that looks like Rugby but it's not!:-D

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

When I get my next data warehouse, I'm gonna carpet it :w00t:

Mmm, nice warm floors...

Lol. I saw that thread. You all cracked me up. I almost replied that astro turf would be better than carpet in a warehouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• tstaker (3/10/2010)

Paul White (3/10/2010)

When I get my next data warehouse, I'm gonna carpet it :w00t:

Mmm, nice warm floors...

Lol. I saw that thread. You all cracked me up. I almost replied that astro turf would be better than carpet in a warehouse.

Turf fields, love running on those, except when they get wet with freezing rain, then they are slick as h***.

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

High school soccer only plays 40 minute halves. I know, not real soccer, but then if you look at the NFHS rules you realize it isn't real soccer. I mean, really, if your taking the throw-in and the ball doesn't go into play you should really get to do it again, but no, the other team gets the throw-in. There are also some other minor differences as well, such as here, we run a double dual or three whistle system at the high school level as well.

I could probably come up with more, but I'd probably need my book to highlight the other differences.

Paul White (3/10/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

High school soccer only plays 40 minute halves. I know, not real soccer, but then if you look at the NFHS rules you realize it isn't real soccer. I mean, really, if your taking the throw-in and the ball doesn't go into play you should really get to do it again, but no, the other team gets the throw-in. There are also some other minor differences as well, such as here, we run a double dual or three whistle system at the high school level as well.

I could probably come up with more, but I'd probably need my book to highlight the other differences.

If the conditions of moisture, temperature, air turbulence and humidity are just right and you can position yourself facing a bright light source with the subject slightly off-centre, you can see wisps of moisture rising from the surface of freshly applied emulsion paint.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Gianluca Sartori (3/10/2010)

Paul White (3/10/2010)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NFL... AH! Now I remember! It must be "American Football", that wimp game that looks like Rugby but it's not!:-D

I seem to recall about 30 years ago a rugby player came to our team and returned kickoffs. Exciting to watch - I don't think he ever did a fair catch. But he was a one year wonder. Must have been the even with the pads, some of the guys still hit pretty hard.

I don't think I'd want to be on either field.

Maybe you could arrange for a playoff to settle the trash talking....:w00t::w00t:

Greg E

• I played rugby in college and having watching the NFL up close on the sidelines, the NFL is much more violent. The collisions in football are worse because of the pads, IMHO.

Viewing 15 posts - 12,406 through 12,420 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply