Are the posted questions getting worse?

• NFL is more like a sport that is part of Gladiator games...:-) Too violent for my liking.. 😉 With such a strong body like mine, I should definitely keep away from NFL... :hehe:

-Roy

• Paul White (3/10/2010)

When I get my next data warehouse, I'm gonna carpet it :w00t:

Mmm, nice warm floors...

Floors - wouldn't it be rack?:-D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• tstaker (3/10/2010)

Paul White (3/10/2010)

When I get my next data warehouse, I'm gonna carpet it :w00t:

Mmm, nice warm floors...

Lol. I saw that thread.

Ha nice pun. See, the carpet is already fraying in the warehouse.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I just remember something from a few years back.

Person answer an internal posting for Data Warehouse Adminstrator. The person did not have any valid experience, but her resume did mention that she had operated a forklift.

I don't know if she didn't have a clue what the position was about, or if the forklift reference was just a coincidence.

We had a good laugh anyway.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

I just remember something from a few years back.

Person answer an internal posting for Data Warehouse Adminstrator. The person did not have any valid experience, but her resume did mention that she had operated a forklift.

I don't know if she didn't have a clue what the position was about, or if the forklift reference was just a coincidence.

LOL...that was good. I needed that.

Gaby

• Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

NFL is more like a sport that is part of Gladiator games...:-) Too violent for my liking.. 😉 With such a strong body like mine, I should definitely keep away from NFL... :hehe:

Looks like one of those discussions that takes forever with no solution. I have to say that Steve has good points, looking at the injury stats.

I found this video, looks interesting!

-- Gianluca Sartori

:hehe::-D:hehe::-D Made my day! Thanks Alvin!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (3/10/2010)

Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

:hehe::-D:hehe::-D Made my day! Thanks Alvin!

You'sa welcome.

I also remember that we use to joke about the dress code when we were developing our data warehouse. You should be able to dress casual when working in the warehouse, right? Coveralls were optional.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

I used to play soccer... I was playing in the Midfield. I could take the ball fast to the opposition goal post but when I see the goal post, I get nervous and shoot it wide of the goal post. :hehe:

that was my problem every time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

You'sa welcome.

Jar-jar, is that you?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (3/10/2010)

Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

You'sa welcome.

Jar-jar, is that you?

LOL

Actually, I picked up that expression before the Star Wars movie came out.

Alvin Ramard

• Okay, I need some opinions here as I may be getting cynical in my old age. Please tell me if you think this is a compliment or a sarcastic remark. It could be I'm just having one of those days where I'm not sure what people may mean.

My response to his previous question was actually quite short and concise.

• Lynn, I think it was a complement.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/10/2010)

Lynn, I think it was a complement.

I'm with Steve, no sarcasm here in my opinion.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Okay, I must be getting cynical in my old age. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 12,421 through 12,435 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply