Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (3/10/2010)

Okay, I must be getting cynical in my old age. Thanks.

Master Yoda getting cynical? Never.

There must have been a disturbance in the force at that happened at same time.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I'm wondering if any of the "regulars" would be interested in peer-reviewing an article related to SSIS processing concurrency. I've had a lot of questions lately in regards to getting SSIS to run exports or whatever concurrently so I thought I'd build some examples and write a paper for SSC on it. I'm looking brutally honest feedback..

The article is almost done..

Let me know of you are interested.

CEWII

• Elliott W (3/10/2010)

I'm wondering if any of the "regulars" would be interested in peer-reviewing an article related to SSIS processing concurrency. I've had a lot of questions lately in regards to getting SSIS to run exports or whatever concurrently so I thought I'd build some examples and write a paper for SSC on it. I'm looking brutally honest feedback..

CEWII

Sure. Send it my way.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

jcrawf02 (3/10/2010)

Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

You'sa welcome.

Jar-jar, is that you?

LOL

Actually, I picked up that expression before the Star Wars movie came out.

Aha! You heard it folks, Alvin is taking the blame for Jar-Jar!:w00t::-P:hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Have you ever seen the rain?

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/10/2010)

Have you ever seen the rain?

Coming down on a sunny day?

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Something like that.

Learn Extended Events

• Elliott W (3/10/2010)

I'm wondering if any of the "regulars" would be interested in peer-reviewing an article related to SSIS processing concurrency. I've had a lot of questions lately in regards to getting SSIS to run exports or whatever concurrently so I thought I'd build some examples and write a paper for SSC on it. I'm looking brutally honest feedback..

CEWII

I'm not a SSIS ninja, but I'm not a novice either, so I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (3/10/2010)

Elliott W (3/10/2010)

CEWII

I'm not a SSIS ninja, but I'm not a novice either, so I wouldn't mind taking a look.

I'm sort of in the same boat. PM me if you want.

Alvin Ramard

• Chris Morris-439714 (3/10/2010)

If the conditions of moisture, temperature, air turbulence and humidity are just right and you can position yourself facing a bright light source with the subject slightly off-centre, you can see wisps of moisture rising from the surface of freshly applied emulsion paint.

Funniest post of the year.

• Jack Corbett (3/10/2010)

Elliott W (3/10/2010)

CEWII

Heh... I'm not an SSIS Ninja either... but I am a master of the high velocity pork chop. 😛

I don't actually have the time to review another article so I'll just have to wait and see. Knock one out of the park, Elliott! 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• As promised a couple of months ago, I've updated to having a beard in my pic. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (3/11/2010)

As promised a couple of months ago, I've updated to having a beard in my pic. 🙂

Holy Crap - who is that?

Learn Extended Events

• Alvin Ramard (3/10/2010)

GSquared (3/10/2010)

Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

lol.. Thanks Paul. And thanks for confirming that I am Crazy.. I am known as "The crazy DBA" at my work place... 🙂

Nobody I know bothers to qualify that statement with my job title. For me, it's usually just, "he's that crazy guy".

You're not "that crazy guy"? 😛

I often say: "If I wasn't crazy I'd be insane." (Insane I'd be if crazy I not.) 🙂

I like to say that people can't drive me crazy because nobody can go that far in reverse.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

I used to play soccer... I was playing in the Midfield. I could take the ball fast to the opposition goal post but when I see the goal post, I get nervous and shoot it wide of the goal post. :hehe:

I played on a soccer team when I was 12. Half the team, myself included, didn't want to be there. That included the goalie.

Amazingly, we lost every game we ever played. It was so strange. How can a team with a goalie who hates soccer ever lose? :w00t:

My parents didn't force me to play the next year, so I have no idea how the team did after that.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 12,436 through 12,450 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply