Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Paul White NZ (3/23/2010)

Jack Corbett (3/23/2010)

We are Married not Dead!

Semantics...:-P

Not at all. The dead can Rest In Peace, no chance of that for us ... :w00t:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Alvin Ramard (3/23/2010)

RBarryYoung (3/23/2010)

Roy Ernest (3/15/2010)

people born on 29th of February never gets old... 🙂 They are always young..

Heh. Actually, so am I. 😀

Hey Barry!!! I guess your ears were burning. Your name was mentioned earlier today?

How are you doing? How did everything go?

Heh, just now catching up to the end of the thread...

Last week was bad, really sick after the operation. This week is much better, I'm in PT/OT for at least another week. The operation seems to have been a success, but it'll be about a month before we know for sure... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• The Dixie Flatline (3/23/2010)

Man, you're in fine form tonight Barry. The pain meds must be extra-fine. It almost makes me wish I'd kept my signature line listing you as my evil twin.

No man, you're the evil twin! Remember, you've got the beard? 😀

[/font]

• Good to have you back Barry!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Hi Barry!

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/22/2010)

Any comments on this link? Too close to advertising?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost887102.aspx

And here's another one:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic888739-10-1.aspx

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• Welcome back, Barry!

Glad to hear you're (quite) fine!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• GilaMonster (3/23/2010)

Changing the subject (if there is one), any art critics here?

Been fiddling with this on and off for a couple years now. Initial idea was just the light from the abyss, I added the statues to give a focus, not sure still if it's working.

p.s. Welcome back Barry

With my two wopping years of art school, I'll be actually critical. First, it looks cool. Second, it's not apparent that the light is coming from the abyss. Maybe a wider angle to the beams at the top & a bit more diffusion will take care of that. Also, the angle on the statues looks off. It seems like the ones on the right we should be seeing more of their backs, but that might be just me. Still, better than I could do. Nice.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• RBarryYoung (3/23/2010)

The Dixie Flatline (3/23/2010)

Man, you're in fine form tonight Barry. The pain meds must be extra-fine. It almost makes me wish I'd kept my signature line listing you as my evil twin.

No man, you're the evil twin! Remember, you've got the beard? 😀

I do? (Feeling face...)

Oh my....

ALVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• I know our Hero - Steve Jones - drops by here occasionally (does flattery get you anywhere here?)

I've noticed some renaming of users has gone on while I wasn't looking, and some zero-point newbie now has my name, whilst I get some random number tagged onto mine.

I guess its old news by now but can someone point me in the direction of any discussion/comment/friendly banter by others disgruntled with their unannounced name change - I can't be the only one!

And can I get my name back.

• GilaMonster (3/23/2010)

Changing the subject (if there is one), any art critics here?

The world is grey, the mountains old.

The forge's fire is ashen-cold.

No harp is rung, no hammer falls.

The darkness dwells in Durin's halls.

The shadow lies upon his tomb

In Moria... in Khazad-dum.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Hey Barry glad to see you up and around and that it seems like the operation was a success.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Tom Brown-169591 (3/24/2010)

I know our Hero - Steve Jones - drops by here occasionally (does flattery get you anywhere here?)

I've noticed some renaming of users has gone on while I wasn't looking, and some zero-point newbie now has my name, whilst I get some random number tagged onto mine.

I guess its old news by now but can someone point me in the direction of any discussion/comment/friendly banter by others disgruntled with their unannounced name change - I can't be the only one!

And can I get my name back.

Tom there was some discussion about if on this thread a couple of thousand posts ago. Also there was an announcement by Steve here. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic789066-83-1.aspx

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Grant Fritchey (3/24/2010)

Maybe a wider angle to the beams at the top & a bit more diffusion will take care of that.

I'm thinking of angling them a bit more, moving the light source up so that the widening is more obvious, and moving them more to the side.

Also maybe drop the light on the statues so that they are a little more discrete.

Also, the angle on the statues looks off. It seems like the ones on the right we should be seeing more of their backs, but that might be just me.

Not sure why. The two lines are equidistant from the path (where the bridge ends) and the ones on the right are to the right of the camera (camera at x-2.5 units, statue at x=4 units)

p.s. Not going to get a re-render anytime soon. At that size, the image takes 26 hours to render.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Alvin Ramard (3/23/2010)

Ok, new subject.

Anyone in here use Windows Home Server? If so, would you recommend it?

Not yet but I'm planning to install the eval on an old machine I have at the house. I'm pretty sure I remember Steve blogging about it or perhaps it was one of the editorials, anyhow it was basically about home disaster recovery... It's the reason why I'm investigating it, along with the media sharing capabilities...

I'll let you know how it comes out and would appreciate you feedback as well.

-Luke.

Viewing 15 posts - 13,231 through 13,245 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply