Memory

• +1

• +1

• +1

• true

• First off, let me say thank you for submitting a question. Although (to me) the wording was a little off, it was still a good "back to basics" type question.

Just remember, the devil is in the details; even with a requirements question like this the answers can change depending on the "bitness" of your OS to the version of SQL Server you're using, so make sure everyone is on the same page when you submit your next question. 😀 TGIF

Everything is awesome!

• +1

• misleading question - Like others, I would assume the full product unless express edition was explicitly stated. then the minimum is 1gb, but the recommended minimum is 4gb. so the recommended amount would depend on the application requirements

• Bobby Russell (11/14/2014)

The CORRECT answer is "None of the above". SQL Server 2012 is full edition. SQL Server 2012 EXPRESS is a whole other animal. Example: I'll sell you licenses for SQL Server 2012 for $100 per core. When you buy it, can I deliver SQL Server 2012 Express instead? 😀

true

• Yep, incomplete information in the question. I'm surprised it got past the gatekeeper(s).

Don Simpson

I'm not sure about Heisenberg.

• RK Mandava (11/14/2014)

true

False?

If you do not use the quote button, nobody know what you are referring to.

• Dana Medley (11/14/2014)

First off, let me say thank you for submitting a question. Although (to me) the wording was a little off, it was still a good "back to basics" type question.

Just remember, the devil is in the details; even with a requirements question like this the answers can change depending on the "bitness" of your OS to the version of SQL Server you're using, so make sure everyone is on the same page when you submit your next question. 😀 TGIF

That icon for you made me crazy for a minute. Well done.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• PHYData DBA (11/14/2014)

RK Mandava (11/14/2014)

true

False?

If you do not use the quote button, nobody know what you are referring to.

😀 yeah, i am trying to delete the post

• +1 to what everyone else has echoed - great question, and unfortunately, one I missed - TGIF!

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Drat - burnt by the badly worded question, which didn't mention express edition 🙂

Better luck next time!

• So...do we have a way to report these questions for review? The question is clearly a bad post. We should be given our points.

No where did it state MINIMUM and there was no mention at all of an edition. How do these questions get passed the moderators in the first place!

I can see that the majority of answers were "None of the above" which given the lack of context in the question was the correct answer.

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply